Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Importing still images

May 27, 2012 11:59 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 27, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to Community Help

When I import a layered image file, it gives me a choice of merged, individual layers, etc. The next image I import does not give me a choice. It does whatever option I selected with the first import. I've looked for a preference to set. This document doesn't tell me how to get a choice with each image imported.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to Wholeo

What version of PrPro?

In your example, is the second (next) PSD also Layered, or has it perhaps been Flattened in PS?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Yes all the PSDs have several layers. I think with the first one, the layer I wanted was showing so I went with merge. The second one I wanted several of the layers and I got a merged one instead. I guess from your query that the behavior seems to be user error. I will respond again after more rigorous trials.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am making a wedding DVD of the still images for my client I need to add the Images codes DSC ...... to the image so my client can choose which image she wants for her album. how do I do this? Thanks  Conor

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 4:18 PM   in reply to Conor

What program are you working in Conor?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to Community Help

I made a series of drawings in Illustrator CS6 that I want to animate in Premier Pro, but can't quite figure out how. Each drawing is on a separate artboard. I grouped each artboard's objects into its own layer and cropped to the size of the board.

Do I need to stack the drawings on top of one another on the same artboard before saving?

What type of file should I save it as?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to tnhcpw

Best to use AE for animating Illustrator files as Premiere rasterizes on import with no layers as you would have if it were Photoshop files.

You can leave the drawings in there own artboard.

Save as ai.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

Thanks, Ann. So to be clear, I save the file as ai. Import into After Effects. Then import to Premier?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to tnhcpw

Yes or after you animated the drawing you can use DL to get files from AE into Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

When saving, should I check "save each artboard to a separate file"?  What about compression? (These are simple black line drawings that I want to show up on a white background.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 11:03 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

DL?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to tnhcpw

DL = Adobe Dynamic Link, often seen as "ADL."

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 11:17 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks Wine Snob. Did hunt, didn't find. I'm new, so please forgive questions that seem obvious.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to Conor

In reply to Conor - I believe the free image processing software "IrFanView" will convert images to add the filename to the image itself if that is what you are asking. Be sure to specify a different OUTPUT directory folder so as to not overwrite originals when batch processing.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Hi Jim

I'm using P Pro CS6 and PhotoSHop CS6

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

Thanks for feedback IrFanView is mainly for PC but I think I have found a way to create an APP for the MAc and I'll get back to you Cheers

Conor

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 5:09 PM   in reply to tnhcpw

No problem. When one has been around the forums for a bit, they tend to abbreviate terms, and that can lead to confusion. Also, we have been known to banter about jargon, assuming that everyone has years of experience with the terms of PrPro. I make that mistake all too often, and forget to define some terms, the first time that I type them.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 5:11 PM   in reply to Conor

I might be incorrect in this, but think that there is a Ps Script, that will do what you want.

I would ask in the Photoshop Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

and also in the Photoshop Scripting Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_scripting?view=d iscussions

If my memory is not totally hosed, one of those should yield the Script (if it exists, as I claim to remember) for that task.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 9:08 PM   in reply to tnhcpw

I ended up saving each artboard as a separate file and importing them to PrPro. It worked great. Then I made an additional segment in AE and added it on. I expected to be able to manipulate the AE comp in the timeline of PrPro, but couldn't. I spent some time looking for a solution without luck. Is there a way to import the AE file into PrPro as a series of clips so I can edit their length to fit with my audio? Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to Community Help

Hello,

I am new to Adobe Premiere (usually use FCP).  I am having problems importing still images.  Even though the images are all different and have unique names (I'm importing .jpg), every time I import the images they ALL convert to the same image when I drag them to my time line.  Then, when I look in the project area - no matter which image I click on, they are all the same (but with their original names).  Does anyone know WHY this happens and how I can fix it?  Thank you in advance from the noob.

Kalei

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 3:29 PM   in reply to Community Help

The Help is missing two steps.

5. Click the "Image Sequence" checkbox at the bottom of the Import dialog box.

6. Click the Open (Windows) or Import (Mac OS) button.

The image sequence is imported into Premiere Pro as a clip.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points