Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a Jack-n-box source AE animation or video clip?

May 27, 2012 3:18 PM

Working in CS3 PPRO, AE and Encore and looking for a Jack-n-box animation or vidoe file as an intro to a project.  I don't see a AE preset with expression for Jack-n-box. Google search has not produced an AE file or even a good Photoshop file of J-n-B.  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 28, 2012 2:31 AM   in reply to Wes Cox

As always: Depends on what you are after, I guess. If it only needs to be 2D, creating a segment of the harmonica/ tube and then repeating it with Motion tile already takes care of that and it would then be pretty easy to attach a head or whatever. If done in a pre-comp, it could then be further bent in the parent comp with effects like Bezier Warp or CC Bend... Of course there's a million other ways. Just try.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to Wes Cox

That's a very specific, and probably pretty uncommom, request.  Your best bet is to trawl the stock video sites like istockphoto, pond5 etc, for possibilities. 

Personally, I'd go to my local toy store, buy a jack-in-the-box, and shoot some video of it opening.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

Andrew Yoole wrote:

That's a very specific, and probably pretty uncommom, request.  Your best bet is to trawl the stock video sites like istockphoto, pond5 etc, for possibilities. 

Personally, I'd go to my local toy store, buy a jack-in-the-box, and shoot some video of it opening.

Andrew, this is always my FAVORITE way of tackling weird simulations: shoot a realword version and apply filters to the video.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to Wes Cox

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers