Skip navigation
ChristianSprenger
Currently Being Moderated

Sound continues to play with videos embedded in lightbox!

Jun 1, 2012 1:49 PM

Tags: #error #lightbox #embedding_code_with_html_5 #embed #embedded_video #vimeo

I've been playing around with MUSE since November of 2011. I built a site using the software and one extremely annoying/crippling problem for me was that MUSE cannot handle HTML5 VIMEO embed codes when placed inside a Lightbox. The videos will play, but then when you exit the lightbox and go back to the main page, the audio of the video keeps playing in the background and there is no way to stop it from playing unless you close the page.

My solution was to use the old embed codes (pre HTML5) for all of my video embedding but this is actually not a solution as now my site is useless on iOS devices - and lets face it, a lot of web browsing is headed in that direction.

I made a post about this a while back and it was apparently added to the list of things that would get fixed, but I just installed the latest / last beta version of Muse and to my dismay, this problem still presists :/ Unbeleivably dissapointed at this.

Adobe, whats the deal!? Is there any known workaround at this point? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to ChristianSprenger

Christian,

This is related to the autoplay feature when embedding a video using HTML 5 code from either Vimeo or Youtube. Before grabbing the embed code for the video you want to use, click the Customize embed options link and uncheck the Autoplay this video check box.

vimeo.png

Best regards,

Corey

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to ChristianSprenger

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean for my response to sound like a final solution. It was intended to be a workaround.

Please also see the following topic where Sam confirms the bug for this issue:

videos embedded in lightbox - sound continues to play with

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4475472

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to ChristianSprenger

I am building a website where autoplay of videos is the core function of the site so you can imagine my frustration with the sound looping. I have spent hours/ days trying to work arounf this problem. As far as i can tell the issue is strictly with the Lightbox widget. it is not optimised for iframe embeds (which is too bad since iframes is the future of embeding). The good news is (at least with YouTube) there's a workaround. If you use "Use old embed code" and add the autoplay function (twice) it works like a charm here's the link which shows you how http://youtu.be/qxeeGCdcaoY. Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points