Skip navigation
@connor
Currently Being Moderated

Reinstall a creative cloud application?

May 27, 2012 4:42 PM

Tags: #photoshop #mac_os_x #creative_cloud #creative_cloud_fail

Hi all,

I had some trouble connecting my adobe account and my typekit account. Recently, I got it all sorted out, and wanted to reinstall photoshop cs6 from creative cloud. However, whenever I opened up the client (I'm on Mac OS X), I didn't see a way to uninstall photoshop.

So, I just deleted it from /Applications, thinking maybe the client programmatically looked there to see what was installed ,etc. That unfortunately didn't fix my problem, and I still need to download photoshop.

Any ideas how to reinstall it from creative cloud? I haven't been able to find a way to do so.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 27, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to @connor

Hi,

I would like to tell you that Application manager for Creative cloud helps only in installation , not for uninstallation.

There is no option to uninstall in Application Manager.

In order to uninstall Adobe applications, please follow these steps :

1. Goto Applications>>Utilities>>Adobe Installers -- here you will find the uninstallers for all adobe apps that are installed on the machine.

2. find the uninstaller for the application to be uninstalled and run it.

For better service, use cleaner tool after uninstallation process, so that it will remove all the remaining traces of that application

Cleaner tool can be found here : http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html

After this restart the machine and the log in to the Creative Cloud website again and then you may install the applications that you may need.

Thanks,

Baljeet

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to Baljeet S. Juneja

I'm experiencing similar problem but with InDesign. However, InDesign CS6 doesn't evern appear on the add/uninstall programs list as other creative cloud programs does. Must I install the trial version of InDesign CS6 or is there an alternative for this?

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to Baljeet S. Juneja

Hi,

That doesn't help with reinstalling which is what @conner actually asked.

How do you reinstall a Creative Cloud application?

The Application Manager doesn't give the option, so do you just download a new copy from the Adobe site and install?

Thanks.

Edit: Just tried to download the demo version of Acrobat X, but there's no Mac version.

Is there a Mac OS trial version of Acrobat X?

No, a trial version of Acrobat X Pro for Mac OS is not available at this time.

(http://www.adobe.com/au/products/acrobatpro/faq.html)

Suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 10:21 PM   in reply to david351

To reinstall a Creative Cloud application:

1. Make sure that the old version is uninstalled. On a Mac (not sure about Windows), as Baljeet said:

1. Go to Applications>>Utilities>>Adobe Installers -- This folder contains the uninstallers for all Adobe apps that are installed on the machine.

2. Double-click the application's uninstaller and follow the steps to run it.

2. Reinstall the appliaction:

1. Open Adobe Application Manager
              The Install option should now be available for the application.

2. Click Install to reinstall the application.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to david351

Hello David,

Thanks for your response. However, my problem is, as I stated above, "InDesign CS6 doesn't ever appear on the add/uninstall programs list as other creative cloud programs does." I have a PC by the way, but this thread isn't in the PC section.

Here's now it happened. I installed Adobe Application Maanger, then installed InDesign through Adobe Application Manger. Then I unintentionally restore my computer to the state before the applications was installed. So I re-install Adobe Application Manger through adobe website again. Of course, InDesign can't be re-installed through AAM and it doesn't appear on the "add/uninstall program list" because I've restored my computer.

I supposed I can install a trial version of InDesign CS6 and register from there or is there a better way of doing this. I would like to know my options before I try out various things that might lead to more issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thuy

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 5:23 PM   in reply to HoaLilac314

Hi Thuy,

The listing for InDesign for uninstalling via Add/Remove programs or Programs/Features is based on information in the Windows registry, the system restore most likely reset the registry and left the actual files behind. Installing the Indesign trial over the existing files is your best bet.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 7:00 AM   in reply to David__B

Thanks David__B. I'll try your suggestion.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points