Skip navigation
c_j_williams0013
Currently Being Moderated

ProRes Export options not available after update

May 29, 2012 8:14 AM

Since I Updated Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, all of my ProRes export options are not available anymore. How can  restore them?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to c_j_williams0013

I have all my ProRes export options after updating, do you still have FCP installed so you have acess to the ProRes codec?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to c_j_williams0013

This past weekend I did a fresh install of Lion and all my apps. So after I installed the CS6 Production Suite, of coarse, no ProRes Codec in PPro CS6. Understandable. I decided not to re-install FCP 7, and just install FCPX, Motion 5 and Compressor. After all of that, still no ProRes Codec in PPro CS6. Okay, what's going on here. I took a shot and installed Quicktime 7 Pro. Then I found the ProRes Codec was showing up in PPro CS6. So everything I read on different message boards, that all I need to do to get the ProRes Codec, is spend $50 at the app store for Compressor, and you'll get the ProRes Codec. Doesn't seem to work for everybody.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to iRuss

I had the same exact problem that iRuss says but not even installing QT7 the ProRes Codecs appear in my CS6 apps.

After several hours I came with the solution. Install the ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.1 (available for free here) and the codecs appear in every CS6 app.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 4:19 AM   in reply to blotchmovies.com

Thank you mr blotchmovies! I just bought compressor for use in After effects and Quckctime pro and it did not work. I do not have Final Cut or Motion only AE and QT pro 7. I just followed your instructions by installing te ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.1 restarted AE CS6 and QT pro 7 and the codecs are up and running! Thanks man!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points