Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I turn the hovering "tips" window off?

May 29, 2012 12:07 PM

When I hover my cursor over any item in my bin, not only does a window pop up virtually instantly telling me what the file is called (not helpful, since I already labled it), but ALL the info about that file pops up, covering the names of files beneath it. Is there any way to turn this behavior off? It's helpful for tool tips when first starting out, not particularly helpful in my bins of footage.

Any help is much appreciated, and I have to say that Premiere CS6 has made me forget why I ever used FCP in the first place. Great product with minor occasional annoyances (like this one...)

Thanks!

Ben

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to Neptunesalad1

Hi Ben,

Currently, there isn't a way. Make a feature request to turn off tool tips: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to Neptunesalad1

Is there any way to turn this behavior off?

Yes.  Move the mouse.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

I can't believe that this can't be turned off! It's driving me nuts... How do I formulate this "feature" request. "Please make it possible to dissable the hovering "tip" feature"?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 10:09 PM   in reply to Neptunesalad1

+1  Tooltips absolutely drives me nuts, and there is no way turn them off. Such a small problem, and such a huge annoyance.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to marq5.1

That is pretty good. The "feature" is called "Tool Tips," and several users have already filed the Feature Request.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 10:04 PM   in reply to Neptunesalad1

I thoroughly agree with you, Neptunesalad1 - the hovering 'Tooltip" is a real irritation and it gets in the way of the information I am trying to read.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to moviemaker4875

Several users have expressed the desire to turn the Tool Tips OFF in PrPro. In some other Adobe programs' GUI, they can be turned OFF, but not being an Adobe engineer, do not know if there are enough differences in those GUI's, to make it tough to implement in PrPro. Still, the Feature Request would be the way to go - with those, there is "power in numbers," but please only file one per person.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points