Skip navigation
MrsLabs
Currently Being Moderated

This document's page tree contains an invalid node

May 29, 2012 1:28 PM

We have some PDFs that our users add pages and bookmarks to from time to time.

In one of them, once we go to bookmark no. 61 I receive the error message "This document's page tree contains an invalid node."  I receive that same message for every bookmark after No. 61

I can delete the bookmarks but still can't access the pages.  If I try to navigate by paging down through the PDF only a small thumbnail of those pages displays.

When I try to delete the affected pages, I receive the error message, "Expected a dict object"

I've tried extracting only the pages above where the "problem bookmarks" begin.  Unfortunately, I receive the error "this document's page tree contains an invalid node" when I try to do so.

Any ideas how I can resolve this issue?  I appreciate any help or ideas on this matter.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 7:53 PM   in reply to MrsLabs

The document has become corrupt. If you cannot reassemble the document from its original sources and no version of the file is available from a back up, then you can try to print the pdf file to the virtual Acrobat Printer to create a new version of the file. This won't be of the same quality as the original, but it might be acceptable.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to MrsLabs

I received the same "This document's page tree contains an invalid node." error.  I saved as to a different location on my hard drive using the same file name and Acrobat didn't have a problem anymore just using the new file.  The error would initiate when I used Foxit Editor to delete some pages of a pdf. 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 2:53 AM   in reply to MrsLabs

I do not understand why Adobe PDFs are so flakey.  I produce a weekly newsletter at work.

To make it searchable I PDF it using Adobe Acrobat X Pro and insert it into a PDF for the 2013 issues.  Apart from inserting each issue I create a bookmark and set destination.  That is all I do and yet the PDFs keep corrupting.  I keep getting the message "The document's page tree contains an invalid node".  ( I view it with Adobe Reader X).  In desperation I created a new PDF and populated it with the weekly issues. This worked for a little while, but now the error has come up again.  Is no one in the Adobe technical side looking to see what is causing this bug?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 2:55 AM   in reply to Vanda

Have you reported it to Adobe so they know about it?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 2:56 AM   in reply to Test Screen Name

By the way, are you able to publicly share a file which gives this error?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 2:57 AM   in reply to Vanda

From which file format are you generating the PDFs?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points