Skip navigation
GerryLordine
Currently Being Moderated

How to automatically convert a HTML site to WordPress

May 29, 2012 3:32 PM

Tags: #html #convert #wordpress #html_to_wordpress

I'm new to the forums but have seen LOADS of people asking about HTML to WordPress conversions. There's also lots of helpful replies about slicing it up the page and adding the appropriate WordPress hooks and loops.

However, nobody has mentioned Theme Matcher which does all this automatically (and free).

I think it's pretty new, has anyone tried it? I've converted a few of my old sites and provided you dont have too much exotic javascript or styles it works almost perfectly. I was kinda shocked so figured I'd share it here.

Useful bookmark to keep in your toolbox! What do you guys think?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to GerryLordine

Never tried it.  Would be interesting to see some results if you or anyone else has examples.

Just from experience though and with the reception of Muse, don't expect an overwhelmingly positive response because those automatic coding tools are still behind most coding capabilities and typically provide bloated code.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 3:43 PM   in reply to SnakEyez02

It's not free..After showing you the generated theme, they ask a subscription of x$  in order to allows you to download the zip...Nothing is REALLY free.

p.s. i noticed another thing...the preview theme it's not a generated wordpress theme because  the urls of the menu  refers to  my original  site location :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to adoberman12345

WARNING: McAfee reports the site as having suspicious behaviour and recommends NOT visiting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points