Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is the right Hosting package?

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been a BC partner for a couple of years now, I have started to design a website for a company that I work at part time, I did it with the full intention to host it on there owns servers as they already host a couple of other websites, When I bought into BC you could use external hosting.

I have found out today that to be able to use the features of BC you need to be on their hosting (which is not a problem) but I can not experince the hosting plans without purchasing them, which means I can not guess which is the right one.

The website is pretty basic and simplae they do not need any sort of email addresses, no email marketing and no online shop, I have designed it on the Forceful template and the only real feature I can see them using is the sliding web app on the home page of that template.

So my question is will the basic hosting called WEBBASICS be enough for what they want to acheieve with their website?

Or if not which is the option I should choose for them.

Cheers

Duncan

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Hi Duncan,

If the site is very basic and doesn't require email accounts, customer database, forms, etc then yes "webBasic" would be fine. 

However I would suggest reviewing the plan breakdown below just to ensure you choose the correct plans per your requirements.

- http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/kb/detailed-plan-breakdown.html

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Duncan,

If the site is very basic and doesn't require email accounts, customer database, forms, etc then yes "webBasic" would be fine. 

However I would suggest reviewing the plan breakdown below just to ensure you choose the correct plans per your requirements.

- http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/kb/detailed-plan-breakdown.html

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sidney, thank you I has not seen that breakdown page before, quick question though, I am using the foceful template which has a web-app sliding across the home page, Does that mean that I would be forced to take the most expensive hosting just for a few sliding pictures, even though I dont want any of the other features?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but just thought of something else, is there anyway to put a trial site into the basic hosting so I can actually test the features?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does that mean that I would be forced to take the most expensive hosting just for a few sliding pictures, even though I dont want any of the other features?

If using the web app feature yes as the module is not available in any of the webBasic plans. 

is there anyway to put a trial site into the basic hosting so I can actually test the features?

Depends if the site is part of cloud then unfortunately not possible.  If created outside of the cloud subscription then we can possibly upgrade to a higher plan. 

Please provide the site url so we can confirm for you.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Sidney, but if I can't use app's in basic there is no point, now I will see if I convince this company to pay for full hosting, after spending 20hours on the new website.

Cheers

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is copy the code from the web app list layout and hard code it into the hompage template, replacing the {module_webapps} tag. You would then need to replace any tags from that layout with hardcoded info, such as image name etc.

It would mean that you would need to update the template if you wanted to change the images.

I have done this before on other templates.

Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers for the info Penny, I will play around with that.

Thanks

Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines