Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Title Tool not updating / saving when making revisions

May 31, 2012 9:35 AM

Tags: #not #saving #tool #title #updating #revision #preimere

I've made a few Title's in Premiere Pro and saved them as templates to use through out my production. With CS6 I'm having some issues with it. I'll create a new Title file from a template and make the chages. Everything works fine for a while, but then the changes I make within the title tool do not save after exiting the title tool. The text just reverts back to the point were it stopped working. If I restart Premiere it works again, but only for a while. I think this is a bug, but if anybody has a solution please let me know. Thanks

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to CLCTV

Are you using the "New Title Based on Current Title" button in the upper left corner of the interface?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 5:42 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

The same is happening with me.  I also tried making a new title but when I try that the only thing I can do is add new text, but I can't change the font, alignment, nor anything else.  It won't even save the new title into my bin.

Mac Pro 1,1, Lion 10.7.4, CS6, ATI 5770  Premiere Pro 6.0.1

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to CLCTV

I'm having a similar problem.  I duplicated a title in the Project window, and I can add text but not edit the previous text.  And once I edit a title, adding text, I can't edit the original text.   This has to be a bug.  I can't imagine why text would be rendered uneditable.

Scott See

www.hammock.net

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2012 9:51 PM   in reply to scott_see

You guys aren't leaving the CTI parked on the original title in the sequence are you?  That will cause it to show through when creating the new title.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I dragged the CTI way off to the side and tried duplicating a Title again.  No problem this time. 

Thanks!

Scott See

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to CLCTV

I've noticed what I think is a similar problem, but it's intermittent.  I tried to change the font size of a title, and it kept reverting to the original 100%.  The 3rd time it took, but it was annoying. The time it worked I didn't close the titler window immediately, perhaps giving it the extra time makes a difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to Bill Engeler

Has there been any solution to this?  I am encountering the same issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2012 4:33 AM   in reply to 13736dave

Reboot premiere. Works.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to yash-lucid

I had to save and reopen as well. I guess it goes without saying, this is a bug that should be fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 3:59 PM   in reply to denmarch7

I don't see this behavior myself.  Hard to say if it's a bug or something else.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

I am having a semi-related problem. I am using the text tool, and when I move text, after exit, it also reverts back to the place where it was before I moved it. Any ideas? (Sorry I'm a year late - don't know if anybody will see this... 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 9:58 AM   in reply to Adobe Elements User

Wow, with so many reporting similar, there must be something to it, but I have just never encountered it, and I do tons of Titles. The changes always update instantly for me.

Maybe state the Sequence Settings, where this is happening, and where your Title appears (Video Track), relative to other Clips?

I cannot help but think that this is Sequence, or Project specific, and that is why many others have never encountered it.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 10:34 AM   in reply to CLCTV

That is good news, and thank you for that update (no pun intended).

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 9:22 PM   in reply to CLCTV

I had this same problem, and I followed CLCTV's guidance to do the update to 6.0.2 and now my titles are working just fine, THANKS!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2014 12:19 PM   in reply to CLCTV

I am still encountering this problem in Premier Pro 6.0.5 – My titles will not save or update, including when using the "New Title Based On Current Title" button, and even brand new titles (they are all blank).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points