Skip navigation
NYSdesign
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 9 Brush / Color Picker Problem

May 31, 2012 10:50 AM

Tags: #color #brush #picker #pse9

Hello,

I have been using Photoshop Elements 9 for more than a year, and recently I have been experiencing a glitch/malfunction of some sort with the color picker and hard mechanical brush tool.

glitch.png

As you can see in my example above, there are two things wrong: 1.) When the brush is painted, little grey crescents appear between the individual strokes of the brush. These appear even when I do not release the mouse button when painting. However, it only happens on a specific layer, and not on any other layer - in this case the layer entitled 'skin'.

The second malfunction is the color picker/foreground and background colors. As you can see, the foreground color selected in the example does not match the last color I painted (color splotch to the far left). The color that was actually painted was a far more saturated version of the selected color. Again, this only occurs on the 'skin' layer as well.

(My brush settings are: Fade: 0 Hue Jitter: 0 Scatter: 0 Spacing: 1 Hardness: 100)

Though these "glitches" are occurring often recently, I have found a temporary solution. Switching to another layer, then painting on it, then switching back to the malfunctioning layer seems to temporarily rid me of this issue. Yet and still, I would appreciate any permanent solution suggestions.

Thanks,

- Illustrator

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to NYSdesign

Delete the editor's preferences: quit it, then restart it (use the button in the welcome screen or organizer) while holding down ctrl+alt+shift. Keep the keys down till you see a window asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to NYSdesign

For the "gray crescents", set your brush spacing to 25 -- you're currently not overlapping previous strokes.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points