The AIR 3.3 sdk is now a DMG, used to be a .tbz2 zip file, and there is no merge capabilities with Snow Leopard..
How can I overlay AIR 3.3 sdk for Flash Builder 4.6 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
Also I may have Lion soon so can you provide steps for FB overlay of the DMG on OSX 10.7?
PS.I am dumbfounded there is no documentation on this by Adobe release after release? For OSX users there is an old Adobe KB article that I can't find anymore, there is a youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S118mZjln3I) I recommend, and a post most mac/FB users use (http://jeffwinder.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/installing-adobe-air-3-sdk-i n-flash.html) and none of them remind you to use sudo before the terminal command..
this worked for me on mac:
Thanks eran1976 here is the OSX 10.6.8 process that worked for me:
1. open the 3.3 sdk DMG and copy all the files into a new emty folder called say AIR33SDK or whatever in your sdks directory
2. asuming your current Flash Builder sdk with air3.2 or older is called 4.6.0, open terminal and run:
3. sudo cp -Rp /Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.6/sdks/AIR33SDK/ /Applications/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.6/sdks/4.6.0/
4. you can now delete AIR33SDK folder if you wish
5. open Flash Builder and change any existing project xml application files to 3.3
5. remember to backup your 4.6.0 folder first