Skip navigation
paul.bjorkstrand
Currently Being Moderated

Chrome: CQ sidekick cannot move when docked to top

Jun 1, 2012 8:31 AM

Tags: #problem #issue #cq5 #chrome #defect #can't_move #stuck #google_chrome #sidekick #docking #cannot_move #cant_move #wont_move #won't_move #not_moving #doesnt_move #doesn't_move

Is anyone else experiencing this issue.  It seems that every time the sidekick gets docked to the top, usually accidentally, I cannot just move it away.  I am required to resize the top (docked) side down, then I can freely move it again.

Is anyone else seeing this, or does anyone know of a fix for this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 5, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to paul.bjorkstrand

I have definitely seen quirkiness with some of the authoring capabilities (like the Sidekick) in Chrome.  As of 5.4, I believe Chrome is NOT an officially supported browser for authoring, though I've found that 90% of the time it works fine.  In CQ5.5, I think Adobe has updated the browser support some, but I don't know the specifics off-hand.  To be honest, the most reliable browser for the authoring environment is Firefox, in my experience.  I generally use Chrome, so I will use that until I run into a quirk, at which time I will switch to FF for that one operation.  I've found IE to be extremely inconsistent.

The authoring interface is all kinds of JavaScript, so I'm not surprised there are browser inconsitencies.  It's an unfortunate thing you just have to work around a bit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points