Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player 11.2.202.235, IE9 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, HP laptop - objects do not display-seevideo

Jun 1, 2012 9:24 PM

Tags: #not #flash #9 #internet #display #64-bit #windows #explorer #7 #player #do #objects #11.2.202.235 #see_video

Flash Player 11.2.202.235, Internet Explorer 9 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, HP laptop - Flash objects do not display properly in browser; right-click Settings window does not display properly either; i have to scroll down and back up to see parts of the Flash object but it disappears anyway when i mouse over.

I took video of the issue and have now linked to it.  In the video, I show two browser tabs - one from this site and one from a Bank of America (BoA) site with a flash object.  You can see how the BoA flash object disappears when I make that tab active.

Please help!

Link to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLJcxmzPkI&feature=youtu.be

Message was edited by: Jleon21612012

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 9:47 PM   in reply to Jleon21612012

Thank you for providing so many details in your initial post.

This looks like a display adapter driver issue to me; can you check if an updated device driver corrects the situation?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to Jleon21612012

Sometimes manufacturers modify original drivers, and then prevent installation of non-modified drivers.  Sometimes that is not so bad, as to prevent inexperienced users from tampering with their computers.

However, other times we really do need newer drivers, e.g. to get new software (e.g. Flash Player) to work properly.

What I would do if I were in your situation is to download and install DriverMax - I have used it successfully for many years.  Use the free version that allows up to two driver downloads per day.

But don't get carried away; only download & install the graphics driver.  Let DriverMax make a System Restore Point before the installation, so that you can easily go back if something does not work right.

Hope this will solve your problem!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 7:58 PM   in reply to Jleon21612012

Congratulations; I think you are the brilliant one!

B.t.w. my Intel HD graphics driver is 9.17.10.2729, but I don't think you need to bother, as long as everything work on your system.

ihd.PNG

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 5, 2012 4:05 PM   in reply to Jleon21612012

Excellent job detailing the problem and solution!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points