Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

So what can i do with License !!!!

Jun 2, 2012 11:09 AM

Tags: #cs5.5 #license #upgrade #cs6

hello guys

i have cs5.5 and i want to upgrade it to cs6 , so the reseller here told me if you need a license ?

i don't know the use of it ? and if i buy it without license its cost less , what can i do with license ?

thanks

applonee

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to BinAbul

With the release of CS6, all Adobe "upgrades" are sold via a License, and not a physical box of software.

Just buy your License, either direct from Adobe or through an Authorized Reseller, then download the software from Adobe's site, or, for approx an extra $20, you can also buy the DVD as well, but you need the License Key to use the software.

Good luck

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to pf22

pf22 wrote:

With the release of CS6, all Adobe "upgrades" are sold via a License, and not a physical box of software.

It looks like this may differ from country to country.  In the US store selecting an upgrade only gives the option to download the software, but in some other country stores customers still have the option to have a box shipped, e.g. UK store:

upgrade.JPG

In either case, the customer is not purchasing the software itself (i.e. the customer does not "own" the program code), but only a license to use the product within the restrictions of the EULA (end user license agreement).

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to acresofgreen

acresofgreen wrote:
    It looks like this may differ from country to country.  In the US store selecting an upgrade only gives the option to download the software,

I see the options to either "Download" or "Ship the box to me" when selecting an upgrade in the US store.

After I select the product "I own:", I get the option to select the delivery method.

As I understand it, the change with CS6 upgrades is that they're only available from Adobe direct.

Resellers can only sell full versions of CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to acresofgreen

@ Acres: Wow, you're right, I never thought to look at the UK site!

@ John: I work for an Authorized Adobe Reseller and we can sell the Upgrades, but only through Licensing and not boxed product, although we do have the option to add the physical DVD to the order if our clients want it... most do.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points