Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Skewed Rotation

Jun 2, 2012 6:13 PM

So i created a white solid and added the Venetian filter and matted a image to that.

There is a c4d tiff seq. in this composite but when i hold 'W' to rotate it skews.

How do i stop the skewing? or why is this happening?

ae skew.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to Preditor Corbett

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.  Can you be more specific? Which element is "skewing", the image sequence or the venetian lines?  What are you trying to achieve that you are not?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2012 11:53 PM   in reply to Preditor Corbett

This is a pixel aspect ratio issue. Check your comp settings and footage interpretation.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 11:46 PM   in reply to Preditor Corbett

I'm still not really sure what you are doing. PAR issues are pretty much the only reasonable explanation for these kinds of things. Or are there any additional effects applied that may influ8ence the result?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to Preditor Corbett

You're composition settings show your are using a DVCPRO 1.5 pixel aspect, despite the comp size having no relationship with DVCPRO resolution, and your round logo is using a 0.91 pixel aspect.  The conflicting pixel sizes are distorting your object.

Convert your comp to square pixels, and interpret your logo with square pixels, then see the difference.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points