It seems the latest build(ADE 1.8 preview 4) *still* lacks the following basic reading functions when used on a Mac running OS X Lion 10.7.4.
1. Inability to navigate and read by paragraph.
2. Inability to navigate and read by line.
3. Inability to navigate and read by word.
4. Inability to navigate and read by character.
5. Inability to annotate.
6. Inability to interact with the text of a document (attempting to interact causes a restart of VO.)
If I am mistaken, would you be so kind as to provide instructions for performing these important basic reading functions? If I am not mistaken, can you please explain why these functions are not available and can you also provide an ETA for when you will make them available?
Also, can you please provide an explanation of the following unlabeled elements that are located on the toolbar at the top of the screen when reading an epub document?
1. Element located to the right of the "Back to Library" button. This element is read by VO as simply "Button."
2. Element located to the right of the "Text Size Menu Button." This element is reported simply as "Blank, Edit Text."
3. The element to the right of the item in number 3 is also simply labeled "Button."
4. The last element encountered on the toolbar is simply labeled "unchecked."