Skip navigation
joblomert
Currently Being Moderated

Please upgrade to the latest version of Fireworks to continue using CSS Properties Panel

Jun 7, 2012 10:48 AM

I installed the CSS3 Mobile Pack for Fireworks CS5 a few days ago and all was working well. Today when I open up the CSS properties panel in Fireworks I receive the following message: "Please upgrade to the latest version of Fireworks to continue using CSS Properties Panel." I have tried uninstalling the mobile pack and reinstalling it but continue to get the same message. I'm using Fireworks CS5 V11.0.1.7 and CS5 Extension Manager V5.0.334 on Windows 7 Pro S.P.1

Have already tried the fix mentioned in a previous forum. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2012-06-07 at 9.35.10 AM.png

Message was edited by: joblomert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to joblomert

Right now, I'm having the same problem, but on a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I thought it was from me having to reinstall Photoshop and Illustrator that something went wonky, but now I see others are have the same issue.

Did this carriage turn into a pumpkin June 1?

(This comment is an edit) Having gone back to Illustrator, I see that all the bits and pieces of the HTML5 pack seem to be working, and I've had this Adobe Labs product installed longer than the CSS3 Mobile pack. If I have time, I'll check the other Labs products I've got installed, but I'm thinking they should still work as plug-ins/extensions. There is nothing on the main CSS3 Mobile Pack page to indicate that this extension is no longer supported or wouldn't be supported with the release of CS6. And nowhere on the page does it say this is a beta test....

(Edit #2) Ok, now I see it under "Release Notes": "This release of the Fireworks CSS3 Mobile Pack is designed for evaluation purposes only. The software contained is not final; hoowever, many portions of the technology are fully implemented and ready for you to try and discuss." Altough, the HTML5 pack for Illustrator CS5 says the same thing.

Well, I guess if its no longer supported, can I make an open plea for an extension developer to release a version that we can use for CS5? Because at this point, I simply don't have the money to upgrade to CS6......

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to joblomert

This is Adobes sleazy way of convincing you to upgrade and it's utter bullsh*t.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points