Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with video previews: image freezes when scrubbing (CS6)

Jun 6, 2012 3:34 PM

Tags: #video #preview #freeze #cs6 #scrubbing

I just installed CS6 on my computer after working with CS5.5 and I encountered a strange problem with my EOS5D Mk 2 and also Ixus 100IS footage in Bridge CS6 (actually this happens with every video).

In CS5.5 I was able to preview my mov files and scrub through them without many problems (aside from a casual crash, but hey... )

In CS6 now the video preview starts and everything seems fine, until I scrub to a later point in the video. At that point the video freezes but the sound goes on. The only way to make the video run again is to click pause and then click play again. You can imagine that scrubbing through videos isn't much fun..

Has anyone ever had a problem like that with CS6?

Since CS5.5 is still installed, I checked and found out, that in Bridge CS5.5 everything is still working fine: No video freezes there - only in CS6

I already updated to the latest graphics card driver and all updates from CS6. Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

some stats about my computer:

win7 64bit

nvidia geforce GTX 590, driver 301.42

no other video software installed

Aside from that, I also realized that video quality in the preview area isn't particularly brilliant (neither in CS5.5 nor in CS6). Since the video is scaled to the preview window size, I sometimes get scaling artefacts/moirees. Is there a way to smooth the video playback, like you could in a regular video player?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 6, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to Manniac

Yes this is a known bug.  I found it in Beta testing, Adobe confirmed, and they should have a fix on the next (hopefully) dot release.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Unfortunately, I am still having this problem. I cannot get any of my footage files to render through Bridge. I used CS5.5 to work around it, but since I've built a new system that only has the CS6 files, I cannot get things that usually render through CS5.5 to play back at all on CS6.

I have tweaked the settings, the preferences, the playback, etc., with no improvement. What exactly is the bug? Does anyone know?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to RM Brand

Perhaps your understanding of rendering is different than mine.  I think of it more as combining edits to form a new video.  Are you using rendering as the same as playback?   Also, not sure how you can have a system that has only CS6 files, as files are the same for CS5.5.  I must be missing something here.

Manniac described the error well "In CS6 now the video preview starts and everything seems fine, until I scrub to a later point in the video. At that point the video freezes but the sound goes on. The only way to make the video run again is to click pause and then click play again".

Believe that error is fixed as my video play OK now.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points