Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Inconsistent display of Muse site on mobile devices

Jun 7, 2012 4:00 AM

Tags: #error #iphone #android #mobile #display #browser #ipad #device #adobe_muse #viewport #mobile_device #mobile_safari

I know that Muse doesn't fully support mobile devices at this point, but it should be possible to have at least some level of consistency on how the websites are displayed when opened in a mobile browser.

My website is supposed to fill the browser window, but when viewing the site on a mobile browser, the pages are aligned to the left, and the 100% width elements are cut off. However, on some pages, it looks fine, and on other pages it looks even worse.

Here are some screenshots that shows how differently the pages are displayed. I have also included a screenshot from a normal browser window. What can I do to make the site look "normal" on a mobile device? I have tried using some viewport meta tags, but I can't seem to get it right. Please help! It's embarrassing to have a company website that looks ridiculous when opened in a mobile browser.

This is the front page. As you can see, the horizontal header and footer has been cut off, and the page has been aligned left instead of filling the browser window.

IMG_1746.jpg

This page is displayed even worse! The header and footer has been cut like above, but the whole page is scaled down to expose even more unnecessary gray space to the right.

IMG_1748.jpg

This page is displayed correctly! However, other pages pages with the same bookshelf have the same issues as above.

IMG_1747.jpg

This is how the website looks in a normal web browser. The header and footer follows the width of the browser.

Skjermbilde 2012-06-07 kl. 12.49.08.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to cc08180

Hi,

I'm sorry for the bad experience that you're facing. However, since it is known that Muse currently is only designed for desktop web browsers, and Muse team is looking for as much feedback from users designing websites for mobile devices, could you please provide link to your website that you're trying to view on a mobile/handheld device.

With that piece of information Muse team will further investigate and work on rectifying display issues on mobile devices.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 3:24 AM   in reply to cc08180

Hi,

Please send your .muse file and a link to this topic to muse-support@adobe.com. If your file is larger than 20MB use a file sharing service like SendThisFile or Adobe SendNow.

Our engineers will investigate your muse file and then we may be able to provide you a possible workaround.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to PrintFusion45

Hi

I have created this website and all works good on pc. However on Ipad the 'Portfoilo' button doesn't work to reveal its submenus and therefore cannot go to these pages. Not good, please help.

http://stephenreidcreativedesign.businesscatalyst.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to StephenReid1965

Hi,

That is known issue with the Ipad that the sub menu shows up on the double tap. We are currently working on that fix.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 1:28 AM   in reply to Abhishek Maurya

Hi

Any idea of when? I think Adobe should be more upfront with Muse's limitations. I have created and committed to building some websites only to find that they won't work on mobile devices. Considering most people have some kind of mobile device I feel I have completely wasted my time - unless this is something that can be fixed soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to StephenReid1965

Hi - I'm afraid that I don't have an ETA on it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 10:24 PM   in reply to Abhishek Maurya

The "correct" behavior for elements with both rollover and click behaviors on Mobile Safari is that the first tap provides the rollover behavior and a second tap provides the click behavior. For menu items with submenus this behavior is broken. The first tap both shows the submenu and follows the link on the top level menu item.

We don't have a fix for this yet, but it should be fixed for the next quarterly release of Muse (curently looking like late August).

The list of supported browsers is in the FAQ page of muse.adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

I have encountered dozens and dozens of website that ARE NOT made in Muse that behave in the same way. So it is not really a huge deal in my opinion - there are bigger issues to address!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to cc08180

We have also updated the Getting Started with Adobe Muse (Part 7) tutorial to include information on how to approach consistency in your design across multiple devices:

Making a Device Friendly Website

http://www.adobekb.com/getting_started_07.html#makingdevice

Best regards,

Corey

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers