Skip navigation
bedo@dobe
Currently Being Moderated

Touch-up tool causes font issue in Acrobat 9 and X

Jun 7, 2012 6:46 AM

While I edit text using the Edit Document Text tool (formerly TouchUp Text) the font style are getting changed, for example If i select the Uppercase style text using Document Text Tool after exit the selection and trying to save as  the doucment some characters with in the text changed into lower case. In Acrobat 7 and 8 the TouchUp Text tool works fine. Please suggest a solution to get rid of this issue in 9 pro and X pro.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to bedo@dobe

Can you post an image of your screen of how you're selecting Uppercase style?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to bedo@dobe

I'm not sure I understand the error you're getting because the Edit Document Text tool does not have uppercase/lowercase text styles. Here are the properties you can edit -- if the font is embedded in the PDF and installed on your system.

touchup.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 6:21 AM   in reply to bedo@dobe

If you're just selecting the text to view the font name, then I would try using the Content pane to do this instead. Open the Content navigation pane, in the small flyout menu select "Find content from selection". Next, select the text in your document and now it will be highlighted in the Content pane. In the Content pane, right-click to select Properties to view the font selection -- you can also change it here if necessary.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 4:04 AM   in reply to bedo@dobe

That's not an effect we can replicate, and it's certainly not how the content editing tools work. If such a bug existed we would have seen hundreds of people report it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to bedo@dobe

[ issue continued offline - effect is due to mismatched font mapping of capital and lowercase  within the PDF file ]

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 6:10 AM   in reply to bedo@dobe

If you would like others of us to look at it, you need to post the file someplace and give us the link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to bedo@dobe

You can use one of the free download services. I like Dropbox, but there are many others. Here's a link to Dropbox:

Dropbox - Simplify your life

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

I do have the exact same probleme.

1) We have a pdf that was produce with Distiller 7 with embedded time-new roman (PFM font) (http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-11-19-x5/pdf/g1-146x5.pdf)

2) We used to be able to "touch up" this document in Acrobat 7 without any issue/error/font replacement...

3) Doing the same in Acrobat X will bring a pop-up complaining that the font is missing (http://gazette.gc.ca/X_Issue/during_save_after_touchUp_in_X.bmp)

4) The result after that warning is an added font to the document : (http://gazette.gc.ca/X_Issue/after.bmp) compared to before (http://gazette.gc.ca/X_Issue/before.bmp)

Can somebody help  ?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to MrDindon

In the PDF and your bmp files, it shows Times Roman, not Times New-Roman. The file was likely produced on a MAC. Also, TNR are TrueType fonts and the fonts in your file are not. You need a machine with the same fonts used for the original PDF create to get the editting to work right. Otherwise it will attempt a font substitution.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

In the PDF and your bmp files, it shows Times Roman : Exact, that's what we use.

The file was likely produced on a MAC : No, it was produced on that same machine, just before I update it to Acrobat X. Was on Acrobat 7 prior to that.

TNR are TrueType fonts and the fonts in your file are not: I know, I dont understand why TouchUp tool from Acrobat X want's to replace my font with TTF TNR...

Again, on the same machine, before I install Acrobat X, I was able to TouchUp with Acrobat 7 without any issue like that...

What should I do

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points