Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"could not complete the requested operation" Illustrator CS4 OS X

Jun 7, 2012 9:26 AM

Tags: #cs4 #illustrator #problem #error #adobe #crash_on_launch

I've searched online and in the forums for a solution to this issue. I'm running OS X 10.5.8 and have CS4 installed. Every other application in the suite works except Illustrator. I get the error "could not complete the requested operation" on startup and then Illustrator tries to send a crash report.

I'm out of town and don't have my original copies of the software with me so I cannot reinstall. >_<

Does anybody know how this might be fixed? I really need to get some work done and I'm stuck!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to vectyr

Restart your computer that should empty aany bloated ccahe files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 8:59 PM   in reply to vectyr

Thhen try this and if that does not work read the article from the link below.

1. Quit Illustrator.

2.Go to User/username/Library/Preferences/ Adobe illustrator CS6 Settings and either rename the folder (to something like Old Adobe Illustrator CS6 Settings) or trash the settings folder, the whole folder not just the contents of the folder..

3. Start Illustrator. Illustrator creates a new preferences file.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-unexpected-beha vior-user-account.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to vectyr

you probably did not read that document I gave you a link to becuse i think they mention the problem you are encountering and why.

I am not being sarcastic but you do have to read more carefully. I'm guilty sometimes of this myself.

but not often

form the Adobe systems requirements you should read it but I can tell you it won't launch on your system so you will have to updte it.

Seee it clearly say Mac OS X 10.6.8 or 10.7

Mac OS

• Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
    • Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
    • 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
    • 2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
    • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
    • DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs
    • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 4:30 PM   in reply to vectyr

LOL I ggoofed you have CS 4.

Yes I having a hard time not laughing.

I did what i accused you of hahaha!

I can't write anymore. I can't stop laughing

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to vectyr

Did you read the document that is linked in my post above it relly has to be one of the many issues they discussed in the article.

Go to the  linked article and read i8t.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points