Skip navigation
francopolato
Currently Being Moderated

After effects c63 preview issues

Jun 7, 2012 8:40 AM

Hello to all.

I have a big problem with ram preview. I'm working with 3d layers and a camera. everything works fine until a certain point after it the ram preview doesn't update the changes anymore. if I change some parameters  in effects panel after effects will recalculate the RAM preview, but for others thing like trasfomation of  a null object linked to a camera previw stops working live. so the preview keep showing my previous settings results. every time I have to go to a random effect I applied and change something. then the green preview bar above the layers finnaly  disapear but If I restore the previuos effect value, after effect applies again the former ram preview which doesn't show all my changes!

Some time ram preview doesn't reach the entire lenght of my work area it just stops before, when it wants, and start looping just the short part.

Thank you in advance for your willingness to help me, I'm ranking my mind!

kind reguards

Franco Polato

P.s sorry for my English if you couldn't understand well. I'm not mothertongue.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 7, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to francopolato

It's hard to say exactly what is going on without knowing more about your system because ram previews are tied directly to available ram. You could be simply running out of available memory. You could also be experiencing open GL problems. A screenshot of your project, your project settings, and your system info would help as us diagnose your problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to francopolato

The "not updating" issues is probably cache corruption or an OpenGL issue where the graphics card's buffers are not flushed properly. The rest - yeah, eventually even a system with lots of RAM will not be able to preview everything as Rick said. It's called RAM preview for a reason... Anyway, without more specific info, nobody can unriddle this.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to francopolato

Your footage/ composition framerate and resolution are pretty odd. That aside, I'm pretty sure CS6 was never meant to run on a Centrino. I'm surprised it didn't refuse to install. The way I see it, this is a combination of circumstances. It seems to me that these are bugs (or one bug that drags down everything else) because nobody ever thought people would use the program on such a system. On the other hand it would of course be perfectly reasonable to assume that just the same this could be issues with third-party dependencies for drivers and DLLs, but if you ask me, I really don't think there is any way to get this working without problems on this particular system....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 8:49 PM   in reply to francopolato

Hi. If you'd like to file a bug, please go to: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

The form won't allow you to upload a project, but you should be contacted by an Adobe email and that email can accept attachments. If you can reduce your problem to something that reproduces 100% in a supplied project, it will be much easier to fix.

Have you tried on another machine just to see if it's machine specific?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points