Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Add new text

Jun 11, 2012 12:48 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to Community Help

The instructions given simply do not work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:07 PM   in reply to jvance@math.wright.edu

The instructions don't work with any pdf? With a single pdf? What OS? What version of Acrobat? Any error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to MichaelKazlow

OS X 10.6.8 -- doesn't seem to work with any PDF. You add "Add or Edit Text Box" and type in copy but I can't find any way in this new version of Acrobat to change any text properties. The instructions above:

5. To change the font size and other attributes, select the text, right-click, and choose Properties.

When you right click on the text there is not a "Properties" option

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to nicolecolovos

You have to be in the text edit mode to see the properites.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to jvance@math.wright.edu

You need to make sure that you're selecting the Edit Document Text command and not the Add or Edit Text Box tool for these instructions to work. If you're using the Add or Edit Text Box tool you'll want to follow these instructions to change the Properties:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/pro/using/WS2DE764BD-5706-4e3a-936 0-5F2F968223AC.w.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

Thanks Lori, I followed the link above for those instructions "Add text using Add Or Edit Text Box (Typewriter tool)" and that cleared up a few things for me. However, I still can't find the Typewriter toolbar—the toolbar, not the tool itself. I did another search in support and found on the Adobe Blog this post, Where Is The Typewriter Tool In Acrobat X. According to this, "After you click the Typewriter tool, a toolbar will open which will allow you to change various characteristics of your text." That toolbar is not appearing for me. Basically when I select the text with the Selection tool in the Common Tools toolbar, even if I try to double-click a word to make the text properties available, or if I start new and click on the Typewriter Tool in the Tools panel or the Quick Tools Bar Tit won't come up for me, and the right click doesnt work either. Any advice on finding or bringing up that toolbar?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to nicolecolovos

After you click in the typewriter text try the keyboard command Ctrl + e.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

That did it Lori - thanks so much! One thing I almost missed it because it appeared at the very bottom of my screen just barely sticking out above the OS X dock. Is there a way to have it always in the tool bar like you used to be able to? Or now I guess that area is called the Quick Tool bar?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 10:07 AM   in reply to nicolecolovos

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to dock that toolbar in version X – I wish there was because I’ve had to fish around for it myself!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

thank you!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers