Skip navigation
Verino55
Currently Being Moderated

Printer issues with Photoshop CS5

Jun 11, 2012 5:50 PM

Tags: #photoshop_cs5 #printer_problem #epson_r2000 #windows_7_32_bit

Using my Espon R2000 with Photoshop CS5 and Windows 7 (32 bit), I have to re-select the printer every time I print a copy, resetting the paper type, orientation and printer profile.  Sometimes, mostly when I'm only doing my 2nd or 3rd copy, I can just click on the printer properties to make the selections, but most often when I do that I get the error message "because the printer does not exist".  I've installed the most recent updates for Photoshop (ver. 12.0.4).  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to Verino55

I am having the exact same issue.  any help greatly appreaciated

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 28, 2012 3:42 AM   in reply to Verino55

Here are some things to try.  I don't guarantee success, but it will be interesting to hear whether it makes a difference in what you're seeing.

• Choose File - Print.
    • Make the changes you want in the Print dialog.
    • Press the [ Print Settings... ] button, then [ OK ] back to the Print dialog.
    • Press the [ Print Settings... ] button and [ OK ] AGAIN, so that you've done it twice.
    • Print the document.
    • Save the document (info about the last print is saved in a document).
    • Quit Photoshop.

Next time you start Photoshop, and open that document, do you see the same problems?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 28, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to Verino55

I remember something from a long while ago...  Does your printer have a long or complicated name (e.g., containing spaces)?

Seems to me I recall  that setting printer names to be simple, 8 or less character names with no spaces or special characters can be helpful.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to Verino55

Noel Carboni was correct.  I had the same issue with the same printer.and the same printer name.  I changed my printer name to EpsonR2000 and now it works fine.

Terry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points