Skip navigation
Don Landgren
Currently Being Moderated

Flash to HTML5

Jun 12, 2012 8:55 AM

Tags: #flash #html #create #convert #js #5

One of my staff downloaded the trial of both flash CS6 and Create JS. She tried to convert this graphic from Flash to HTML5: http://www.telegram.com/article/20120423/INTERACTIVE/120429846/-1/busi ness26 to html . She got many warnings, basically making the attempt a failure. It seems the conversion from Flash to HTML5 works only for animations and less so for actual interactive graphics. Not really looking forward to learning HTML5 and I was hoping that create JS would be the solution. What is the current status of Create JS and its ability to completely convert Flash to HTML5?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to Don Landgren

Adobe says it is working to make this tool more powerful, but personally I do not think Flash makes everything can be converted to html5, the Create JS currently only becomes "classic animations" to HTML5, but I do not think that in a future, can support advanced AS3

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 10:55 PM   in reply to esdebon

Hi

The graphic which you posted seems to be non-interactive flash content which draws an animated graph when the user plays it.

Since it's non-interactive, one solution, which works on mobile devices as wekk is to convert yoru flash content to video, then use the HTML5 <video> tag to embed the video in a webpage.

With this solution, your animated content will be visible on all popular HTML 5 devices / mobile devices.

If this solution interests you, try out FLABACO (www.Flash-Banner-Converter.com).  It's a Free, online Flash (SWF) to video converter which generates great quality video.

Flabaco supports action script, maintains the frame rate (fps) and is capable of handling professional HD content.

The only thing you need to ensure is that the flash content auto-plays as soon as it is loaded.  (autoplay / autostart.)

Let me know if you need any help.

Kayo,

FLABACO (www.Flash-Banner-Converter.com)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 11:10 PM   in reply to Don Landgren

Hi Don,

The Toolkit for CreateJS converts all your Flash assets excepting ActionScript code. If there are animations, graphics, symbols, or simply Flash content you have enchanced using ActionScript, then the said functionality cannot be directly converted to JavaScript (HTML5). To do so, you would have to re-code the ActionScript bits in to their JavaScript equivalents.

However, if your graphics didn't have ActionScript code written and the conversion to HTML5 still failed, then let us know and we will be happy to investigate your issue further.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2012 2:48 AM   in reply to Don Landgren

Convert Flash to HTML5 video by using different method i.e. there many different free tool and online option for converting video. you may try that ..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points