Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Windows 7 and Elements 2.0?

Jun 12, 2012 1:56 PM

Tags: #problem #issue #windows_7 #install #windows #2 #elements_2 #issue_installing

Hello there! I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm dying to get my Elements 2.0 on this laptop, but it won't let me. Autoplay doesn't autoplay, which is fine, because when I go in and open it, it welcomes me, asks my language, then gives me an option to install Elements. When I click it, the computer thinks a bit, the waiting circle spins by the cursor, and then...nothing. I tried getting Windows to run setup.exe and autoplay.exe in compatibility mode but neither worked, and I can't find how to run the whole laptop in compatibility mode, though I've been told that doesn't work on Home Premium? Any help is greatly appreciated...I've tried Elements 3 and 5 and hated them both; I miss 2.0!! Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to ememcee

It should work on windows 7 as long as your hard drive is not bigger than 1 tb.

I suggest you copy the cd contents to your hard drive and then find the folder called Photoshop Elements, look for the installer.exe and right click on that and choose Run As Administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 3:36 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

I have 2 computer, which are identical. Lenovo 500 both running Windows 7 64-bit.

On my first pc I managed to install Photoshop Elements 1 in January 2013. Now I want to uninstall it on this pc and install it on my second pc, which I set up 2 months ago.

Strange enough the installer tells me that it needs at least Internet Explorer 4?!  

But I have a even newer version of IE than v4!!! Does it work with IE9 but not 10?

My question is: I still have Photoshop Elements installed on the other pc. Is there a way to copy prgram files, registry keys etc. to the other pc as a workaround? Or is there a way that works to make the installation work?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to Pito

Tha same applies to pse 1 as far as the hard drive size needing to be 1 TB or smaller.

On windows 7 with ie 10, you would need to downgrade sorta speak to ie 9, install pse 1 and then upgrade back to ie 10.

You can do that by going to Turn Windows Features on or off and unchecking Internet Explorer 10.

Then after installing pse 1 go back and check Internet Explorer 10

Untitled-1.png

There is really no need to unistall pse 1 from your other computer, since your allowed to have pse 1 on two of your own computers.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 1:22 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

Thanks R_Kelly, but this was only half way to the solution.

Additionally, I had to go to Windows Security settings, deactivate automatic updates and uninstall IE10 update.

Then I had to download IE9, install it, start it one time and then I could install PSE1.

Afterwards I reactivated automatic updates and IE10 was installed again.

Now it works fine!

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Apr 23, 2014 2:48 AM   in reply to Pito

YES! Worked fine for me too. I would merely add that it's a tedious process owing to all the restarts required, and having reset everything back to auto updates I found that IE10 (and in my case IE 11) were to be found under "optional updates" as they dont install automatically it seems.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points