Skip navigation
HeartNotes3
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to lock the interface or panels in CS 6?

Jun 12, 2012 3:05 PM

Tags: #flash #cs #locked #6 #workspace #lock #drag #slide #panel #interface #usability #ui

I'm currently using the demo, and I was wondering if there was a way to set up my interface and "lock" it like a Photoshop layer. I keep on accidentally dragging panels all over the place, and it's a real big workflow problem!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to HeartNotes3

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed yet... I am working on Flash 5.5 and I keep draggning out the panel every other time I am scrubbing the timeline. Who's in charge of usability and UX doesn't look like it's paying attention at all.

Note: almost as bad as having the tabs and closing too close to: the Scene breadcrumb (at the bottom of the area for the file tabs), the New/Folder/Delete buttons at the bottom of the Timeline when positioned at the top of the stage area... you know how Flash has been working for ages!! Someone needs to wake up and stop smoking heavy stuff

Cheers!

tfbkny

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to tfbkny

One of the most annoying things that happens to me everyday in animation.  Soooo frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2014 8:28 AM   in reply to PlutoM

same here, and almost every one I know has the same complaint, what is amazing is this is happening since flash cs4, when they change this without any logical meaning!

in CS3 was super easy to move the timeline, but yet, it was locked at your will!!

this is within the top big features I miss from the past

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points