Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player 11 Create Projector on Windows

Jun 13, 2012 6:11 AM

Tags: #windows #projector #flash_player #exe #fp11 #fp11.3

Hello,

Recently I've tried to create a projector for swf on Windows but noticed the Create Projector option was grayed out. I've tried both the default projector and projector debugger for Flash Player 11.3 on Windows XP, 7 32bit and 7 64bit and with newer swf files using the Molehill API and older ones (compiled for Flash Player 9), but with no luck. On osx everything works fine.

Has anyone managed to export a projector exe with Flash Player 11.3 on Windows ?

If so, how ? Any hints/tips are helpful !

Thanks,

George

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to orgicus

Everybody is having this problem, yet all the feedback I see from adobe is 'we don't have this problem.'

This is exceptionally irritating. And I can't get any older versions of flash player to install so I can create projectors while adobe pulls their finger out.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to orgicus

Hello,

I'm not so sure if adobe did it purposely or it is a bug. Anyway I published a bug report for it. Please vote for it and let other people know to vote for it or they will just ignore it. Its really annoying that I cannot create projectors out of my flash develop swfs u_u'

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3222038

All the best ^^

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to orgicus

I'm having this issue as well with the Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 standalone player for Windows that is downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html.

My work around was to use a previous version of the standalone player.

You can get an archived version of Adobe Flash Player plugins (Firefox, Opera) , ActiveX (Internet Explorer), debugger, or standalone player by going to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html.

I used version the 11.2.202.235 download from 5/04/2012 without any problems.

Just download the entire ZIP file, extract it's contents, and find "flashplayer11_2r202_235_win_sa_32bit.exe".

It sticks that you have to download a ~160MB ZIP file to solve the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to orgicus

my pleasure

mark the post as "helpful" and MAYBE (a guy can hope) Adobe will "see" the issue better and fix it in the next release

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 9:32 AM   in reply to dabrace41184

Does it work with the new apis they pushed in flash 11.3? such al RELEASE_OUTSIDE?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to su43berkut17

I don't know the answer to that question.

However, I would make the educated guess that the answer is "no" if the APIs were released with a specific build of Adobe Flash Player.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to dabrace41184

The "Create Projector" option is broken as of Flash Player version 11.3 and is continued in version 11.4 and 11.5. I've filed a bug in Adobe's bug base. Please go there to Bug #3363321 and give it a vote so this bug gets fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points