• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Captivate on a mobile device

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use Captivate on a mobile device? For example, if I want to create a CBT describing how to use a specific application on a mobile device. However, instead of using Captivate on a PC, I want to use it on the mobile device so I can mimic the exact procedure. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, Adobe Captivate is not available for mobile devices. Only for Windows and Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is a screen capture app for mobile devices that is similar to Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created an app for my Android device using Adobe Captivate 5.5. I am able to get the app on the phone, but am running into issues. There doesn't seem to be much support, from what I can tell, on getting the Captivate app to work on the phone. I'm noticing some strange behavior and am now looking for answers to my questions.

If you're interested in showing how to use an app on a mobile device (Android seems to be easier that getting on an Apple device) you'll need to install an emulator on your computer. Doing this - I was able to capture my screen shots, then bring them into Captivate, add the interaction, create the necessary files to create the Andrioid app, package the files as a .apk file, then upload them to my Android device. You will need an Android device that allows you to set the Developer Options. You'll need to tick the box for 'USB debugging' to use the emulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I'm understanding this correctly - installing an emulator on your laptop/deskop allows you to duplicate the app that you run on your Android, capture screenshots, and then work on the CBT in Captivate on your laptop/desktop. And you're able to add interactions, i.e., clicks? Would you happen to know if this is possible on an iPad?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, I believe there is a way to do this, but I've not

explored using an Apple device. Supposedly you can turn your Captivate

project into an HTML5 output and use that using the HTML5 converter from

Adobe.

Gary Giurbino*

eLearning Developer

*Enterprise *Product Docs & Communication

W: 650.214.2462

ggiurbin@google.com

• <http://www.google.com/>*

1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy

Mountain View, CA 94043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify,

You cannot run Captivate on a mobile device.

You could grab screenshots from your mobile device, using whatever included or third-party screencapture tools may be available for that mobile device/OS...then get those screenshots to your desktop (i.e. box.net or direct USB if possible)...

Then use Captivate to create a tutorial with those screenshots...

Then either export that Captivate file as an App or via the HTML5 output tool and see how well it translates over...

There are emulator tools for desktops, so you could test you Captivate output within that emulator before trying to get it on the actual mobile device.

CP6 will supposedly have much more advanced HTML5 output options, so your luck may be better when that version is released (no known date for that though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the emulator and a tool called droid@screen (do a Google search) to

capture the shots directly off of my phone at 1280x720. Then brought those

into Captivate. Added the interactivity and used the .swf file to create an

Android app that plays on the phone.

Gary Giurbino*

eLearning Developer

*Enterprise *Product Docs & Communication

W: 650.214.2462

ggiurbin@google.com

• <http://www.google.com/>*

1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy

Mountain View, CA 94043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources