Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do You Delete A Step with the Polygon Lasso Tool

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Do You Delete A Step with the Polygon Lasso Tool

In PS, all you have to do is hit the delete key and you can go back one step with the Polygon Lasso Tool. How do I accomplish that in Fireworks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Another option that gives you great deal of control is to use the Pen tool instead of the Polygon lasso. Because it's a vector path, you can fine tune the outline very easily using the Pen and Subselection tools, and when you're happy with the result, choose Modify > Convert Path to Marquee. You can even opt to retain or delete the vector path in the Preferences panel.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be an option for it. The standard advice seems to be to add or subtract from the selection afterward, using other bitmap tools, if needed.

This tutorial covers the Polygon Lasso tool in some depth, and has some decent tips on using zoom shortcuts and "splitting pixels"—as well as using the caps lock key to change the cursor (to better visualize where you click).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfW_SDxkTOs

Allowing the use of the delete key to move back a step (as in Photoshop) would make a good feature request, which you could submit here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Groove, that helped me a ton.

I aslo submitted the change to adobe, see if it sticks...

Thanks again.

paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option that gives you great deal of control is to use the Pen tool instead of the Polygon lasso. Because it's a vector path, you can fine tune the outline very easily using the Pen and Subselection tools, and when you're happy with the result, choose Modify > Convert Path to Marquee. You can even opt to retain or delete the vector path in the Preferences panel.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim!

I did not even know this was an option. This works much better for me.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines