Skip navigation
Zdziebko
Currently Being Moderated

Backspace

Jun 14, 2012 9:13 AM

Hello. Anyone know, how to turn off removing file by pressing Backspace button?

I work on mac and adobe cs 5.5, and today I've been very disapointed of bridge. I pressed unintentionally backspace button, when I've been working with batch renaming, and bridge removed completly (not moved to trash) my important files. It's very big problem for me, and I hate bridge from now.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 7:21 PM   in reply to Zdziebko

That feature is from the OS not Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 3:09 AM   in reply to Zdziebko

Hello. Anyone know, how to turn off removing file by pressing Backspace button?

In the Bridge preferences general tab at the bottom is an option to reset all warning dialogs. If you press on this hitting backspace will show again a warning dialog. If you choose the option reject and also click on the the option for not showing the warning dialog again next time it will only set the rating to reject. or just leave the option to not show again unchecked and this will bring the dialog in front every time you hit back space the warning dialog appears.

by default cmd + backspace deletes the files and by default this also puts them in the trash. I just tried it again with backspace and choose delete and this did put the file in the trash folder where I could easily bring the file back to the folder where it came from.

And also be aware that if you hit cmd + Z directly after hitting backspace by accident it will undo the last command and puts the files back in the content window.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points