Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Captivate 6 in Creative Cloud?

Jun 14, 2012 3:07 PM

Will Creative Cloud (CS6 and beyond) include Captivate 6? All other applications in eLearning Suite 2.5 are already in the Creative Cloud so it seems reasonable that Captivate would go to the cloud too. If I get everything in Creative Cloud that is in the eLearning Suite there seems to be no reason Captivate can't go in there too.

Hearing just bit about Captivate 6, I have heard nothing about any new eLearning Suite. Is it because the Creative Cloud has it covered? Another reason to put Captivate in the Creative Cloud, I think.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to MichaelD443

I created a feature request on your behalf here

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1786

Please add you vote and any comments if needed.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2012 9:07 PM   in reply to David__B

I second the request to have this in Creative Cloud - I thought I had paid top money to have ALL related apps!

An alternative would be the ability to opt out of a particular app I don't need (there are several), and swap it for Captivate.

David

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 5:58 AM   in reply to PixelPump

Yes I totally agree.. please add captivate! We needs it...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

Please add your votes to the idea thread I created as well then, the more user feedback, the more likely we could get it implemented.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to David__B

Done. Hope it will help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to David__B

I've no idea how you vote - but I've added a comment there.

Thanks - David

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to David__B

I voted too. Thx Dave!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 9:46 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

So everyone has voted yes on that thread (211 of us so far).  Has anyone seen any indication from Adobe that this is under serious consideration?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to Gkankstech

No - and I think it's time Adobe explained their policy to those of us who have made an on-going commitment to their Creative Cloud concept - based on some quite clear expectations.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

It is absolutely essential that both Captivate and Presenter are included with the Creative Suite. For whatever reason Adobe sees these two as being for instructional design only (forget the fact that I see them as instructional development tools). The fact is that people in every single discipline: engineering, marketing, sales, medicine - could use Captivate to create highly interactive presentations, interactive tutorials and evaluations. I agree that instructional designers bring an art and science to what seems like point and click capture, but there is market potential for Adobe that should not be forgotten.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to dfwenigma

I strongly support idea that Captivate 6 would be part of Creative Cloud!

Best Regards

TaikaJim

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 6:05 AM   in reply to David__B

Any developments on this? It would be great if this was in Creative Cloud

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2013 10:47 AM   in reply to David__B

I second that...please add Captivate to CC

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to David__B

Yes!  Please add Captivate to the Creative Cloud!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to David__B

There is no such thread. It's a real misser NOT to include Captivate in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially for members who work in education

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 2:59 PM   in reply to MichaelD443

I remember when LiveCycle was included with Acrobat9, then removed when 10 came out, turned into a pay item seperate from CC. Luckily I purchased CS6 before the CC change and was given a free copy of LC3. LC4 is still a pay item. My point is that they will not give Captivate a cc position because it just doesn't fit into the design section.

I would like Captivate, because I create tutorials for my companies software and make instruction clips for tech support.

I have added a feature request when CC first release asking for Captivate. No word yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2013 4:33 AM   in reply to TDRonline

Currently eLearning Suite is an option: http://www.adobe.com/in/products/elearningsuite.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 6:19 PM   in reply to David__B

The link is not working. Please add my vote. I DEFINITELY want this added to the Cloud. Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to David__B

Seconded/Thirded/whatever. This needs to be in Creative Cloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

This is definately a slap in the face for $50 a month.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 11:17 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

Hiya, I don't mind if its not captivate really, all I want is a screen recorder that will record in HD and capture system audio so I can make music tutorials.

Count me as a vote still though definitely!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 11:06 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

So I just noticed the idea received so many votes (think it was over 700 last time I saw it) Adobe took it down.  Must be a great way to handle your customer requests.  If they all request a feature simply hide the evidence.

Interestingly Adobe no longer lets you purchase Captivate month to month either.  With all of the other products in Creative Cloud it is hard to see why this one is seperate.  Must be a solid revenue stream but seems odd that it would generate more revenue as a stand-alone than something like PhotoShop.

Another odd thing is that the eLearning Suite is no longer an option so if you are a school they must figure it is a good idea to milk you from two directions. 

What is most bothersome is the lack of comment on the topic (other than to remove the idea link above).  Come on Adobe at least have the courage to tell your customers you are not going to do what they have asked.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 11:29 AM   in reply to Gkankstech

I agree. "Currently" seems to be the standard operational word here. Adobe is always Currently offering options and then taking them back again. Not too keen on constancy??? So, according to this policy, a staff member can comment safely to posts. As of October 11 last year eLearning Suite WAS an option. But for Adobe, on October 12th this could be untrue, due to new policies. Simple users cannot keep up with promises like that, just as simple voters cannot keep up with the promises that politicians make. It would indeed be great just to hear: "We at Adobe don't do this anymore, in fact never again." But that may not Currently be the company policy....

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 6:43 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

Hello,

I was under impression that ALL the Adobe software is now available for 600 USD per year (3000 USD for 5 years).

What actions are required to implement an official request to Adobe Inc. with all of the above 200+ signatures to make Captivate available in Creative Suite?

p.s. The link David__B provided doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2014 8:14 AM   in reply to Alex Sitnik

I was told this as well.  Very disappointed to find out that it is not true.  That is simply not good business practice.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 2:49 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

If Adobe is unwilling to add Captivate to the Creative Cloud offering, then how about offering a steep discount oaver the standalone subscription for Captivate to Creative Cloud subscribers? I would gladly pay another $5/mo. to add Captivate to the package but I will not be using it frequently enough to justify the full cost of an additional subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 3:56 AM   in reply to LaserMike

Hi Friends!

I am also willing to pay a little bit extra if Captivate would be part of Creative Cloud family. 

Best Regards

TaikaJim

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2014 10:39 AM   in reply to taikajim

Add Captivate!!!!  It makes no sense to exclude this program...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2014 4:45 AM   in reply to MichaelD443

I would also be willing to add €5/month to my CC subscription to have access to Captivate. In my opinion it's mandatory to have a screen capturing software included in Creative Cloud.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points