• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Error

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am trying to activate ADE on my computer & I keep getting a message saying: Activation Server Error: Code E Auth not ready, What does that mean? How do I fix it? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm havoing same problem, did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m getting the same problem. My computer was activated. By trying to activate my ebook-reader my computer losts its activation and the same message "Activation Server Error: Code E Auth not ready" appears. Can somebody help to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting the same message is their anyway of fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a way of fixing this. Probably you have just installed ADE 2.0 (and uninstalled ADE 1). If so you had already authorized your computer with Version 1 but Version 2 does not recognize this.

So open ADE. Hit Control-Shift-D. This will ask you if you want to get rid of the authorization on this computer.Answer "Yes". Then try again to authorize this computer and this time it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note here just in case. If you borrowed any book from library, Control-Shift-D will remove your loan record. You may have to re-borrow them from library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the prior authorization and then reauthorize worked for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: an error message that my PC is not connected to the Internet.  I tried Ctrl-Shift-D and nothing happened.  So what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue since the last week of dec and I have yet to get an answer or any help for that matter. Everytime I try to authorize ADE is tells me it cant connect to the server and to check my internet connection. Its very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. Someone can help us????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, worked for me too! Wasted so much time yesterday and today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that worked for you?  I receive the message that my PC is not connected to the Internet and have tried to use Ctrl+SHift+D without luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it was the ctrl/shift/D that worked for me. I am still having problems though with transferring books from my ereader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!!!! 
I feared I would waste a lot of time but...  Luckily there was you!!!! 

thank you indeed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot transfer books to m y e-reader.   I tried the shift-control-D and did finally get ADE authorized but still get the copy not allowed.   I cannot believe the runaround I have been getting since the 1st of this month when I purchased 9 books.   Ever since then I cannot load them onto my reader; in fact everything on it disappeared and I now have to re-load dozens of books instead of just the few I bought last week.    No one seems to care or know how to help me; not the book publisher, the e-reader company or Adobe.   They all just tell me to talk to the other entity.    I do not know what to do next.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks for giving us this solution! I have been getting driven daft for months trying to sort it. many thanks again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a brief note... on a Mac it's Command+Shift+D

d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After requesting to erase the authorization I get "unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time" message, even after waiting hours before re trying.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you used Windows or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, Thanks a lot

It worked fine

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines