Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver cs6 php variable code hints not working

Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to dreamweaver cs6, and one thing i loved about cs5 was that when i typed '$' it would instantly give me a selection of variables that i had used in my page already or variables included in php ($_POST, $_SESSION, $_REQUEST...), however, now when i type '$' i only get a list of variables i already used and sometimes it is incorrect, for example if i used $_SESSION['valid'] then the code hint would be $_SESSION.

I already checked my prefrences for code hints and i have everything is checked.

So anyway my question is how to enable these types of code hints.

Thanks for your help,

solab95

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

hi, in preferences->code hints disable jquery code 1.7 and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me 2, i am having the same problem. hey solab by any chance did you resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry hectoru, I did alot of research, but turned up nothing. If anyone knows anything about this problem plz comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, in preferences->code hints disable jquery code 1.7 and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really i will def. try that later, but i guess adobe has to fix that, what happens if you code php and jquery.... thanks alot though  big hlep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my case... I can't disable jQuery hints, I need them.

I went back to CS5.5, this problem plus the CPU consumption are enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much feelancerphp, that was very helpful and correct, now that i think about it i could see how one affects the other since they both use $ signs, however, i hope adobe fixes this problem soon as php and jquery work well togetehr especially in ajax operations and i would not want to have to change this every time i use either one, but thanks alot for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The jquery 1.7 disableing did the trick, thank you that problem was driving me crazy!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution proposed here is really not a sollution because that way you're loosing jQuery hints which i find very usefull TOO.

instead what i do is this (and i get used to do this since it's usefull):

• after you start CS6 press ctrl-u (prefferences)
  • select code hints
  • move 'delay' slide to some other position
  • click OK
  • do the same but set 'delay' to 0

and that's it. i know it's borring for most of you but when i start CS6 once i leave it open all day long anyway

hope this was helpfull...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it kind of worked when i turned of jquery hints off from the preferences to my surpise i found it working even when i again enabled the jquery hint..  both jquery and php hinting seemd to work fine then.. only problem is u have to do it all the time u restart dreamweaver..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines