• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Host: Unable to load application configuration + wrong install version on download

Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using 64 bit windows 7 ... when unable to playing video, it redirects me to the adobe download pages to get flash player ... the page says i am about to download flashplayer for win7 64 bit, of 9MB approximately, but the file i get has name "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe" (NOTE THE NUMBER 32) and this file just wont install it ends with error message: HOST: Unable to load application configuration ...

By google i found also file install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe (NOTE THE NUMBER 64) ... this file runs the install, i get the final screen saying "installation completed" but after clicking the "finish" button i get an error message saying "an error occured while sending a command to the program" ...

I am just getting mad ... its 3 days i am trying to figure aout this problem ...

i also tryed files as "install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe" , "install_flash_player_11_plugin.msi" , "install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe" and "install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi" ... those files actually proceeds with the install, but at the end, the videos are still not displaying ...

When i am checking the plugins statuses in my firefox addons manager, it says Shockwave Flash is all right ...

The precedent version of flash player was working just fine, i do not understand why you must make such a mess every 2 months ...

How do i get work this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attila-farkas wrote:

By google i found also file install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe

You shouldn't use Google to find old installers, better use links on the Adobe website like http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i said - i was searching by google, when adobe site gave me a wrong link and the installer i get by this wrong link do not even was able to start ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us the URL of the Adobe page with the wrong link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the pages is http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

the page says:

Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (9.36 MB)

• Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox

but when i click the "Download now" button i get the file named "install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe" (NOTE THE NUMBER 32) which wont start and after few seconds i get the message "HOST: Unable to load application configuration"

but finaly i solved the problem ... i just installed the file found by google on some private page "install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe" (NOTE THE NUMBER 64)

(the page is here: http://www.ziddu.com/download/16693235/install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe.html)

and after that i disabled the protected mode of flashplayer by adding a line in the cfg file

the howto is here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071

i must say its quite shameful one must get this torture to have movies playing on websites ... this cant happen at open source stuf, at least not for 3 days ...

and being already here and complaining, i must say also (i hope some adobe emploee will read this) i am quite disgusted (and i believe not only me) by adobes bad habit to provide other software than flashplayer, when they include mcafee antivir into the install ...

it is literally taking the user as a stupid one ...

if i will need an antivir, i will look for it ...

i just hate when some society tries to infiltrete in my comp some crap software counting on possibility that at the download i will not pay enough attention

its just ridiculous and shameful behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days???  I already gave you the link to the direct download of the combined (32-bit & 64-bit) installers in my first reply.  Why did you still need Google to find strange downloads on 3rd-party download sites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes man, 3 days ... i was waiting 3 days till the link on official download page (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) - where all videoplayers redirects if you cant play the content - will be corrected.

It is not till today. I have 64bit windows, it is correctly detected by the page, but anyway i get that 32 bit version of installer which is not able to run on my comp.

After those 3 days i wrote here on forum my problem, but that time i already had downloaded the 64 bit version from ziddu.com (without bundled soft by the way)

I dont know if its me who is not able to express myself clearly, or if its you who is not able to understand, but the problem is, that the official adobes download page gives the wrong version of installer.

this threat is solved for me, dont waste your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. and the link I gave you was for installers that do not include any bundled software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines