Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"You placed the editable region "Main Content" inside a block tag..." issue

Jun 17, 2012 3:29 PM

Tags: #cs5 #help #error #html #dreamweaver #code #dreamweaver_templates

I keep getting the following error when I save my website template (after editing). I am using a template with editable areas to add the content in the pages:

You placed the editable region "Main Content" inside a block tag. Users of this template will not be able to create new blocks inside of this region. Move the region outside the block tag if you want users to be able to do this.

I think this is the area where the problem occurs.

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="20" colspan="3" align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#71AFF4"><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Page Title" --><span class="Page_title">Page</span><span class="page_title"> <span class="Page_title">Title</span></span><!-- TemplateEndEditable --></td>

</tr>

<tr>

How do I correct the problem. I don't know what to move where. I'm also getting strange issues with the template, possibly as a result, including excess space below the editable area. Any help? This has been a problem for a long time.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to Motion0w22

That's not the right block of code.  We need to see where you inserted the TemplateBeginEditable name="Main Content" area.  Can you post that?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points