• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 Cannot Run in Non-Royalty Serialized Mode

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a lot of problems getting Encore CS6 to run properly.

I have a Creative Cloud subscription.

I have downloaded Premiere Pro. Premiere is installed as well as Encore.

When I open Encore for the first time everything works great. Once I close it and try to open it again I get an error message that says:

"Adobe Encore CS6 cannot run in non-royalty serialized mode. The application needs to be serialized with a royalty bearing serial number".

After this, another window opens asking me to input a serial number. As I am a Creative Cloud subscriber I do not have a serial number to input here. Adobe does not provide one for Creative Cloud users.

(I've included screenshots of these messages below).

I've been through many forum posts and even tried to contact Adobe, but no one has any solutions to this. Customer service is almost non existent.

Here is what I 'think' is happening.

Originally I downloaded and tried to run Encore as a trial. Later I decided to subscribe via Creative Cloud. I deleted Encore and Premiere from my mac (but didn't use the 'uninstall' option, because I didn't know that existed, I just deleted all the files). I then downloaded Premiere again following the Creative Cloud directions. I'm guessing there might be some kind of hidden file or key which is telling Encore not to run without a serial. How to remove this file/key or even if this is the issue I have no idea.

I'm hoping someone here can help!

My only solution at the moment everytime I need to use Encore is to uninstall and reinstall it. That is very far from ideal!

HELP!

enc1.jpg

enc2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Hi jaypurcell,

I think you are facing this issue because you did not uninstall the earlier version cleanly. First uninstall your current version and then try to clean your machine to remove any traces of previous installation using the cleanup scripts posted by Adobe here- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and then install Encore afresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>just deleted all the files

I am on windows so don't know exactly how things are done on a Mac... but I know that in the Windows world that is a sure fire way to really cause problems

Problems that I don't think anyone on a user to user forum is going to be able to fix

Hopefully, someone with Mac experience will post with instructions on how to fix what you did... or maybe contact Apple for help with your situation

As far as Adobe...

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

In the US - Adobe General support 800-833-6687 M-F 5am-7pm Pacific

In the US - Adobe Install Problems 800-642-3623

In the US - Adobe Activation 866-772-3623 Open 24/7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.

Usually just deleting the app files on a mac is the way to remove them. I should have probably used the uninstall utility here though.

Yes, that's how you'd normally do it on Windows.

I'll try contacting Adobe support again and see where I get.

Would be good to know if anyone else is having this same problem on the mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be having registry issues here.

First port of call is to Adobe Support, and ask them for a clean-up script (if they have one) that will sort this out for you.

Essentially, you need to remove every entry in the registry pertaining to Premiere Pro & Encore CS6.

It is just possible that as you deleted the program files (and I wager the Adobe Common files were left alone??) a good utility such as Piniform's CClean might be able to get things to the point where you can safely reinstall, but I would defiunitely talk to support in the first instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>will be having registry issues here

So... a Mac has a registry file "similar" to the one in Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

>will be having registry issues here

So... a Mac has a registry file "similar" to the one in Windows?

Not that I know of - but I may be mistaken.

AFAIK, to delete an application from a mac you just dump it's folder in the bin - job done.

I'm pretty certain there is no registry, or equivalent.

This is why the OP made the mistake he did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaypurcell,

I think you are facing this issue because you did not uninstall the earlier version cleanly. First uninstall your current version and then try to clean your machine to remove any traces of previous installation using the cleanup scripts posted by Adobe here- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and then install Encore afresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your useful info.

I haven't had a chance to resolve yet. I will post here once I have tried a couple of things.

shuchi, yes I think you may be right about the uninstall not being done cleanly.

I'll give that tool a whirl.

More soon!

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if you're still having the issue (or if it's connected) but I just had a problem with Photoshop CS6 thinking it needed a seriel number, despite me being a Creative Cloud customer. 

Hope it helps:

Help: Photoshop CS6 asks for Serial Number, after Signing up for Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Shane, however I'm on a mac and not PC so that solution won't work for me.

I still have the problem, but I haven't tried out the other solutions suggested in this thread yet. Been too busy on other client work to mess around with my current Adobe installs and risk not being able to complete projects!

My plan though is to uninstall all adobe software, run that cleaner tool and then try to install the CS6 apps from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

are you able to connect to https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/ and getting a message as follows:

Congratulations! You have successfully connected to Adobe License Management Server.

if not please try the following:

1. Please click on "Go" and navigate to /private/etc

2. Open "hosts" file and check out for any entries for Adobe.com

3. Remove the entries and save the file

4.  try again launching any product from CS6

Thanks

Kapil Malik

Regards,
Kapil Malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines