Skip navigation
Liza M.
Currently Being Moderated

Re:  Securing documents with passwords

Jun 18, 2012 7:51 AM

Hi,

With Adobe X, how can I set the same security settings for all documents? I'm doing it per document via password security now. In an earlier Adobe version, I only needed to set the options once and all the documents I created after that had all the same security settings. Thanks

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to Liza M.

How are you creating your PDF files? Are you using Word or perhaps the Adobe PDF Printer?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Liza M.

Under the Acrobat ribbon in Word, select the Preference button. This will bring up the Acrobat PDFMaker dialog, select the Security tab and set the preferences you would like here:

security.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 2:04 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

I'm using Word 2003 and Acrobat 8 Standard (8.1.3) with Acrobat PDFMaker 8.1 for Word. I set the preferences as I show:

Adobe.JPG

When I convert a single word file, it works right. But if I use the mailmerge option, it doesn't get the security options and the created PDF files are editable at all. Any suggestion?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to jheror

It looks as if the Mail Merge function uses the Adobe PDF printer so you'll need to set your security setting in the Properties button of this printer. Here is the dialog that you're looking for:

PDFSettings.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

LoriAuc...When I set the preferences option in the Adobe PDF Printer to the right security options, it doesn't work. I have reinstalled Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat, under Win XP, but it doesn't get the security options. I don't know what to do now....

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 4:01 AM   in reply to jheror

You did change the default in the Printers Control Panel, NOT just a one-off in Word?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to Test Screen Name

If I print the doc file straight to the Adobe PDF Printer, it gets perfectly the security options.

The Adobe PDF Printer is set as the default printer and the printer preferences are set as I need, not just a one-off in Word.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to jheror

Do you get a prompt if you select Reconfirm Security for each job under the dropdown?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 4:19 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

No, I don't...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)