Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Using the Source Monitor and Program Monitor

Jun 19, 2012 1:20 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2012 1:21 PM   in reply to Community Help

Using the Source Monitor and Program Monitor in the Workspace and Workflow is also being discussed in Monitoring Assets. Exactly the same content.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Ann,

With the new Help system, it is normal to see the same topic in multiple places. I'll try not to do this too much, though.

Thanks for your help and concern.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Yes I have seen duplicated topics but this one was a complete topic with all its sub-topics.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Right, it's not a "book" of help any more. It's more like a collection of articles. You may see the same topics in different places.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Even back in the days of printed manuals, there were often sections, that repeated, as they had application to a few slightly different topics. I always found that better (then), than just having a note to "go to _____ for info on this." Probably used a few extra trees, but one did not have to constantly flip back and forth. Now that we're talking 1's and 0's, I can see where a limited bit of repetition would enhance the flow of knowledge, and understanding, even when hyper-linked.

Just my observations,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 5:36 AM   in reply to Community Help

View safe zones in the monitors

Click the Safe Margins button below the Source Monitor or Program Monitor. Click the button again to remove the safe-zone guides.

The button is not default shown in the SM or PM like in the screendump. One needs to edit the Button Editor first.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2013 7:30 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Right, it's not a "book" of help any more. It's more like a collection of articles.

Any chance we can fix that, go back to a proper 'book' of instructions, with all information self contained?  It really should be possible for a new user to read the Help file, beginning to end in sequence, learning ever more complex aspects of how to use the program, without skipping all over creation and trying to navigate a labyrinth of links.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points