Exit

Error accessing "Log FIles" in coldfusion administrator 9.01

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHen i try to look at the log files in cfadmin, i get this error:

Diagnostic:
The isSystemLog method was not found. Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the isSystemLog method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.
The error occurred on line 283

I also noticed that the scheduled tasks "Last Run" does not update. I enabled logging in cfadmin for scheduled tasks and it does created a scheduler.log with all the tasks being logged and executing properly.

I'm at a loss here and really need help before going live with this/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

The problem has been resolved, it seems the update didn't apply without errors due to the fact that a mail app was keeping the cfperfmon_9.dll in C:\windows\system32 open which prevented the 9.01 update from over-writting the original.

Thank you all for your help! works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there recent entries to log files in ColdFusion9\logs\ server.log eventgateway.log etc?

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the log files are there and have many entries..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I recall seeing CFadmin not opening logs with CF9.0.0 and applying updater1 to bring that to 9.0.1 fixed the problem.

Are you sure version is 9.0.1? In CFadmin press "i" top right to double check. What does Version report eg Version  9,0,2,282541

Being able to read the logs in text bottom to top does that provide any clues?

As usual HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem has been resolved, it seems the update didn't apply without errors due to the fact that a mail app was keeping the cfperfmon_9.dll in C:\windows\system32 open which prevented the 9.01 update from over-writting the original.

Thank you all for your help! works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation