Skip navigation
ptpptp
Currently Being Moderated

"Remove" feature not removing ext

Jun 20, 2012 2:34 PM

Tags: #remove #extension_manager

Hi,

I am trying to "Remove" some WebAssist extensions so that I can install the latest version of the extensions.

The program goes through the motions "Removing extension ..." and the progress bar slowly fills. When the pop up window dissappears the extension is still and the word "Remove" is still there too.

I have tried enabling and disabling and this makes no difference. I have spent far too much time (the last two evenings) trying to fix this but I cannot - I am now tearing my hair out!

Your help would be appreciated.

Peter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2012 6:10 PM   in reply to ptpptp

Which version of Extension Manager are you using? If you are using EM CS5, then maybe it is a privilege issue. You can run EM as administrator on Windows or use sudo command on Mac then retry.

If it doesn't work, please generate log files and paste them here to help us to troubleshoot. You can click "Frequently Asked Questions" at the right of the forum homepage to know how to generate log files, or simply click http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites/extensionmanager/faq.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 12:45 AM   in reply to ptpptp

Yes, I want ExtensionManager.log and ExtensionManagerServer.log. Is its size really 44.5MB? It's too big to paste content. Could you zip it and place it somewhere so that I can download it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to ptpptp

I haven't got the link. How did you send it? You can send it to me via a private message. Click the downward triangle close to "Your Stuff" at the top of this page then click "Private Messages".

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 4:40 AM   in reply to ptpptp

I have got these log files. "Directory access denied" error occurred many times. Currently I cannot figure out why this error occurred. Also I cannot find trial edition to download in http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-extensions/design-extender/.  It would be very helpful if you can upload "Design Extender" extension to dropbox, then I can try to reproduce this issue. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to ptpptp

Thanks very much! Peter. I have got them and will try them today. Please delete these files especially the license file ASAP lest you would have legal issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 1:10 AM   in reply to ptpptp

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue. It seems that you installed the extension for all users. I installed these two extensions for current user and all users respectively, both are successful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2012 1:59 AM   in reply to ptpptp

Sorry for the late reply. I am out of office and cannot access Internet until now. This extension is a per-user extension since all files in this extension package will be installed to the user specific locations (i.e. under C:\Users\<UserName>). During installation of this kind of extensions in CS6, EM will pop up a dialog so that user can choose to install it only for current user or all users in the machine. Of course, if you checked the option at the bottom of the dialog when you installed a per-user extension for the first time, then the dialog will no longer pops up.

You can find a mxi_path file for this extension under "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CS6\EM Store\Dreamweaver CS6" (if you installed it for current user) or "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CS6\EM Store\Dreamweaver CS6" (if you installed it for all users). This file is a XML file and records the full path of all content files installed to the machine. So you can delete these files based on the content of this mxi_path file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points