Skip navigation
chas_wins_2
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat X crashes when accessing Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

Jun 20, 2012 5:23 PM

Tags: #acrobat_10 #officejet_pro_8600_plus

Acrobat crashes every time - click create, PDF from scanner, next select one such as "custom scan" and bye-bye Acrobat (message is Acrobat has stopped working).

Just bought the 8600 all-in-one which is wireless in the network. Another computer, also running Acrobat X works just fine.

Environment:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Acrobat 9.5 and X (both crash)

Scanner software up-to-date

Acrobat software up-to-date

Have did the uninstall/reinstall of Acrobat and HP - no luck

Can scan via HP software and printer panel

Just does not work with Acrobat

Computer and Acrobat 9.5 was scanning just fine with HP 7200 - bought 8600, installed and troubles began. I uninstalled 9.5 and installed Acrobat X and it still crashes.

I am thinking there must be some conflict between the new and old printers (I uninstalled old - something left over?) but do not know where to look. Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to chas_wins_2

Try creating and logging into Windows using a new user profile. It sounds like something got leftover from the v9 install -- especially since you say that another machine with AX works just fine.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2012 5:57 PM   in reply to chas_wins_2

Did you have any luck with fixing this issue? I am having the same issue with an HP Scanner and Acrobat X on my new computer running Windows 7.

The Windows Fax and Scan utility works. I got Acrobat to initiate the scan, but then it crashes everytime.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points