Skip navigation
thefred33
Currently Being Moderated

Why after effects cs6 don´t recognize audio from MTS files ?

Jun 21, 2012 2:00 AM

Hi

Why after effects cs6 don´t recognize audio from MTS files ?

When I import MTS files from my sony camera in after effects cs6 , the image is there but not he audio.I notice no sound when I do a preview. When I render the composition file video has no sound at all.

While in after effects CS5 and previous versions the sound from mts was recognize without problems , why in CS6 a more recent version there is no recognition?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to thefred33

Where are the files coming from exactly? Any chance you recorded on channels 3 and 4 and AE simply doesn't see it? Do the files play properly e.g. in Premiere Pro?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to thefred33

Sony supplies import tools for many of their cameras. Have you checked there? Support may not be native to Adobe but you should be able to use some type of Sony product to bring the files into your system. Speaking of systems, what is yours like? We only know a little about your camera.

If the files came in fine with CS5 there may have been a licensing issue with Sony that wasn't solved, or more likely, there's some conflict with some other 3rd party codec pack. Another user recently posted a file that he couldn't bring into CS6, but it worked just fine on my Win and Mac machines when I downloaded it. Turned out he had some 3rd party codecs and encoders installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 3:28 PM   in reply to thefred33

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points