• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert imge from Adobe RGB to sRGB

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this conversion in Elements? Thanks.

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Menu /Image/convert color profile/apply sRGB profile

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu /Image/convert color profile/apply sRGB profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Don't know how I overlooked that. But when I use that function to convert from sRGB to Adobe RGB, the "properties" of the file just give it as "uncalibrated." Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary Anthes wrote:

Thanks. Don't know how I overlooked that. But when I use that function to convert from sRGB to Adobe RGB, the "properties" of the file just give it as "uncalibrated." Why is that?

Where do you look at the "properties", in the Organizer properties panel, in the editor "file info" or in another exif viewer ?

To understand this "uncalibrated" statement, it would help to know if the original picture was shot in raw format or in jpeg with a camera supporting Adobe RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot as jpeg/Adobe RGB. The "properties" I'm seeing comes from file/open then right click on thumbnail from within the PS Elements editor.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary Anthes wrote:

I shoot as jpeg/Adobe RGB. The "properties" I'm seeing comes from file/open then right click on thumbnail from within the PS Elements editor.

Gary

Then, you are seing the properties shown by Windows itself.

If you are looking from the editor : file/file info, advanced tab. Then click on 'Adobe photoshop properties... you'll see the real color space.

If you look from an advanced editor like exif viewer or photome, you'll see the 'uncalibrated' mention in the camera section... and the real color space in the ICC profile section...

The exif data are far from simple...

Edit : the simplest way to know the color space in the editor may be to click on the small triangle in the bottom left part of the status bar : you can choose 'document profile' from the drop down list.
Alternatively, menu/image/convert color profile. If you can convert to sRGB you are in aRGB and reciprocally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that certainly is hidden. Thanks for the education.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines