• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloading and installing cs5 on a new computer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bought photoshop cs5 back in 2010 which resided on my laptop but now that i've upgraded computers, i'm trying to download and install it onto my new HP. 

using the akamai downloader, it just keeps cycling through the first of the 2 files (so it looks like it redownloads it a bunch of times with no end in sight) and if i use the alternate method (downloading the files individually), once i start the .exe file, i get an error stating:

"a problem occured while extracting some files. check available space on your computer and the write privelages on the destination folder"

i'm an admin on my computer and there is plenty of free space....what gives?!  i was told (in a live chat with adobe support) to make a new user account, make it admin, and install it on there.  so i did but with no success. 

anyone else have this sort of trouble and has a solution?  i gotta get work done and thus far, i've been sitting on my arse toying around with this frustration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what does "plenty of feree space" mean? You could simply be running out of temporary disk space. That aside, there are known issues with large partitions, so if yours exceeds 1 TB, you may consider downsizing it...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"free"..as in, 500gigs free on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was able to download and install the trail versions of photoshop cs6 and illustrator so not sure why cs5 is giving me such an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ISeeZombies82 were you able to get the software downloaded and installed successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines