• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-SCO Packager is not included in Adobe Captivate 6?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I justed downloaded Adobe Captivate 6, and installed it as a trial. I didn't find the Multi-SCO Packager. So it was still not included in Adobe Captivate 6?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't been in the last two releases of Captivate 5 and 5.5.  Captivate 4 was the only standalone version of Cp to include the Multi-SCORM Packager.

No doubt it will be included in the next version of the E-learning Suite.  From what I've heard, it will also be a much more functional tool.  Should be worth waiting for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much more functional? I'm curious! I'd like to see the Aggregator be more functional - in include SCORM support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aggregator with SCORM support?  Log an enhancement request...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod. To be frank, I was a bit disappointed to find that Adobe neglected our suggestions.

By the way, the launch screen of Adobe Captivate 6 is very ugly, so is the Cp icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so is ugliness.

Someone must have liked them.  I notice that similar logos are being rolled out for a lot of CS6 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree about the ugliness of the Captivate icon, it is indeed similar to other Adobe applications but some of them are looking much better:PSIcon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks much better than the Captiave 6 launch screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As Rodward mentioned, this tool is only available only in eLearning suite, it is not a part of standalone captivate.

Regards

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We own multiple licenses of the Technical Communications Suite, which includes Captivate. For some reason we cannot fathom Multi-Sco packager is disabled. Seriously? As if users of the e-Learning Suite are the only users who could possibly want to output multi-sco's. Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Passing no judgement on whether this alignment was a good idea or not...do then consider the eLearning Suite for your next upgrade if the packager is indeed important. HOWEVER, be sure it is - it's a nice tool for easing the upload of many lessons into the LMS...but it does NOT automate Sequencing, which is the somewhat automatic transition between lessons based, as far as I know. It's simply a tool for bundling several separate SCORM packages into one .zip. For instance, in our LMS, uploading a SCORM package made with the Multi-SCO Packager saves time, but results in several separate lessons that have to be individually launched from the LMS anyway...

So you may not be missing out on much

NOW, having the Aggregator suppor Sequencing, THAT would be cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a preview of the SCORM Packager tool that will come with ELS 6 and it has vastly improved capabilities that can accommodate much more of the SCORM 2004 model.

Haven't had a chance to play with it as yet but it looks very promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our issue is that we are not just an eLearning developer. We also produce long technical documents in FrameMaker, and electronic documents and help documents from RoboHelp. Tech Comm Suite is our best fit. eLearning Suite wouldn't be an upgrade for us.

I've also looked at the SCO packager in CP6 and it does look good. Sequencing and dependencies look great. TCS has Captivate. Multi-SCO packager is in the menu. It just not available because of the license structure. I see no technical reason why it isn't turned on in TCS. As if a TCS user would not want to produce Multi SCOs. That function is not worth acquiring ELS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources