Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to change the color of the font in a title?

Jun 22, 2012 12:42 PM

Hi all,

Sorry for the real noob question.  I'm making a video and inserting some titles.  I'm finally getting the hang of some of this.  But for the life of me, I can't find the way to change the color of the fonts in titles.  Are we stuck with the color of the font in any particular title or is there a way to change it.  (Premier Elements 10 for Mac.)

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 22, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to PekMark

In Titler (Dbl-click on your Title to load it into the Titler), Select your Text with the Selection Tool (the Arrow) by clicking in the Text to get the Bounding Box, or drag the Text Tool over the Text. Now, if the Text. Look in the Titler's Tool Box for the little artist's palette, and click on that. Choose the color from the Color Palette.

Good luck.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to PekMark

Now, if you want Styles, such as Outer Stroke, Drop Shadow, you can adjust those too, if your Text has a Style added to it. If not, just find one in the Styles Palette, that is close, and with the Text Selected (see post above), click on that Style. Then, you can adjust the attributes of that Style. If you will want to use that one again, say for multiple Project's Titles, Save that Style, so you can use it. With Duplicate Title, the Style, Text (can be edited easily), color, etc., will come in.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 3:39 PM   in reply to PekMark

You are most welcome.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to PekMark

PekMark,

If you have a moment, you might want to mark the thread as Answered, and also use the "Was this Helpful Yes - No?" where you found good replies. That will help others, who visit the thread later, and will help Adobe do a better job with the forums.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 4:34 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I'm having the same problem.  I cannot change the color of text in a title.  I highlight the text, then click on the little color palate.  The color window and three boxes to the right of the colors spectrum.  If I click on the black box, I get black text, if I click on the white box I get white text, if I click on the red pen/pencil box, my text disappears.  I've tried moving that little circle inside the color spectrum, and also specifying the RGB, but I cannot get a color, other than white or black???

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 9:24 AM   in reply to bsangeormi

Bsangeormi,

What version of PrE are you using? The Titler Panel has undergone some changes, version to version.

Here is what it looks like in PrE 11:

PrE11_Titler_Color.png

Hope that this helps and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 9:49 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I'm using PE 11 on a Mac.  That is exactly what I'm doing???   Did you click one of the three boxes to the right of the color spectrum (red pen, then white box, then black box - top to bottom)?   I can't get the color to change.  I can only get white if I click on the white box, or black if I click on the black box.   Spent at least a half hour trying things???

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to bsangeormi

Can you post a screen capture of what you're doing, as Bill did?

You may have selected Stroke rather than Fill. Or you may be overriding the file settings, if you're clicking the black, white or blank boxes to the left of the color picker.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I'll try to post something when I get home later - if I can figure out the screen capture.  I appreciate Bills screen shot. 

What exactly is the work flow?

1. select the title on the timeline
    2. Double click the text box to bring that to edit mode
    3. select the text
    4. click on the painter's palate
    5. move the little circle on the color spectrum to choose the color

Is that it?  That's what I did, and my screen looks just like bills, except the text doesn't change color.   How to 'accept' the color selected?   I didn't see this in your book Steve?

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to bsangeormi

Brian,

That is basically what one needs to do.

The Text can be adjusted via two, similar workflows:

1. One can use the Selection Tool (arrow), to Select the Text Object (Bounding Box should appear). Then, with a click on the Color Palette, the Color dialog should appear, and the "little circle" can be moved in the specturm to choose both the Hue (color) and the Brightness (density). That should alter both the Hue and Brightness in the Selected Text Object.
    2. Or, one can use the Text Tool, click+drag over the Text Object, to Select it, then use the same steps, as above. The only difference is the Tool used to Select the Text.

If one is not working for you, try the other method.

I like the first (Select the Text Object with the Selection Tool), as if one Highlights the Text in the Text Object, there is a bit of a "ghost" in that Selection, and while one can see the change in Hue & Brightness, it is not quite as clear, as with the Bounding Box Direct Selection method - at least on my screen. Close, but not 100%.

Note: with the first method, if you do NOT get a Bounding Box around your Text Object, then you missed it, and something else is Selected, or nothing is Selected.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill,

Thanks so much for you help.  I tried it and it worked !!!   I thought I tried every combination of things last night.

I don't know why, but it works now.

BTW, do you know what that white box with the red pen (or diagonal red line?) is?

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to bsangeormi

The white box makes your text white. The slash box makes your text transparent.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Thanks Steve.  I guess that's certainly what it was doing for me!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to bsangeormi

You are most welcome.

Steve has answered your questions very well.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points