• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Plugin 11.3.300.262 has debug enabled

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Firefox 13.0.1 on a WIndows 7 Home Premium system. I have updated video drivers, and the system is kept fully patched at all times. Since the release of 11.3.300.x ( I am running 11.3.300.262) of the Flash Player plugin, it intermittently crashes at random on various websites that provide flash content. The .262 release apparently was released with debug mode turned on, according to a site that found for troubleshooting this problem.  I also get a pop-up window with some cryptic messages about something missing from the source site and I get buttons to dismiss or continue from the pop-up. If I continue the content seems to play ok, but on exiting the page, I get another pop-up box and then my browser freezes until I go into Task Manager and kill the flash-player process.

Flash-Player used to be so rock solid and now it is just an irritant. I search the web and it is littered with comments on the flash-player crashing on a full range of browser products. So any chance a fix is in the works ? This is not like Adobe to release something this buggy. Anyone run an MD5 hash on this release to see if it's been hacked ?

I sure hope it gets fixed soon...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you got the debug Flash Player on your computer, but if that happened to me I would run a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315, then download and run the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I went through all the steps for a clean install as you recommended. I will monitor and report back here if the noted problems return, especially the debug window. Unfortunately it does seem to be random, so it may take some time to visit enough flash-enable sites to confirm a fix with this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines