Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Edge in DPS: size issue in fullpage animation

Jun 25, 2012 5:09 AM

hello

if i make a fullpage animation 1024*768 in edge

and import it

it works

BUT

the problem is that if something ion the animation went "outside" the 1024*768 in Edge, then indesign understands that you can go further in iPads dimensions

Exemple: i got a flying object that gets out of the screen, so in my animation at the end it has to be out of the 1024*768 original box right ?

then when i import the html through overlay creator panel in a 1024*768 rectangle it's fine but when i go to the ipad, if my finger moves to the right (where my flying object went), then it does a swipe from the overflow dimensions in some kinf of blank page

is that normal ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

I'm having a hard time picturing this. Can you post the actual Edge file that you're placing?

Edit: If you're using CS6 you place the OAM file. For earlier file you would indeed need to link to the HTML.

In either case if the stage is 1024x768 there shouldn't be an issue.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 5:30 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

make sure to set the overflow setting in Edge to "hidden", maybe that helps.

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

I have the same problem here. The edge stage is 1024*768 the browser preview works perfect. But as soon as I import the .oam file to indesign the composition gets stretched and croped. Overflow is hidden.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points